DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A Relaxing River Flight With Mavic 2 Pro

Amckim2084

Reactions
I went out with the Mavic 2 Pro to test out Tripod mode. I took it down the river and later sped up the footage to match the music. I wanted to fly much farther down the river which is why I used Tripod mode but the speed is so slow the battery only allowed a short distance. I just might be able to fly this without Tripod Mode someday. Hope you enjoy!!!

Very nice shot and flight, IF you want a suggestion...Get or use Litchi, would make it super easy mission to plan that. You could program the river flight on a PC with a overhead/satellite view on their Mission hub extension.You would set mission with a higher than treetop altitude and a straight down camera view. Once you have that footage you can look to insure flight path is correct and clear of trees or other obstacles. Once you know your flight path is good, go back and set altitude down where you want it and put in camera angle where you want as well as any POI's and set or adjust speeds for the whole flight. Would be a real easy mission to program and then your safe keeping it low and not risk signal loss on distance ;)

Last edited:
Very nice shot and flight, IF you want a suggestion...Get or use Litchi, would make it super easy mission to plan that. You could program the river flight on a PC with a overhead/satellite view.You would set mission with a higher than treetop altitude and a straight down camera view. Once you have that footage you can look to insure flight path is correct and clear of trees or other obstacles. Once you know your flight path is good, go back and set altitude down where you want it and put in camera angle where you want as well as any POI's. Would be a real easy mission to program and then your safe keeping it low and not risk signal loss on distance ;)
I've done a lot of Litchi missions on my channel but none that low. I'm planning a mission around this same area soon so I might play around with it and create another mission while I'm at it. This is a very long stretch of river that's practically a perfect straight line. I want a sped up video flying down the river then rising up at the end.

I've done a lot of Litchi missions on my channel but none that low. I'm planning a mission around this same area soon so I might play around with it and create another mission while I'm at it. This is a very long stretch of river that's practically a perfect straight line. I want a sped up video flying down the river then rising up at the end.

Yeah you could do a way point at the end with a POI back to start point and then a altitude climb out...would be really nice :) Happy Flights, Safe landings. ;)

Reactions: Amckim2084
Nice one! Why the water is so low? Is it in UK?

Nice one! Why the water is so low? Is it in UK?
This is the Chariton River in Missouri. It starts in Iowa at a dam in Rathbun Lake and runs south til it dumps into the Missouri River. It’s mostly dried up til the rainy season at which point it can be the total opposite and flood farmlands. Here is a screenshot of this exact same location last year. That’s the stretch of river I flew on the left there.E1BA13B0-A9DC-4FCD-88BE-6CA862F5D41F.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sverkerh