DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A Sad Goodbye from Me

I'm sad to hear about your situation. Life is about letting go eventually. Meditate on that and be free!

are you able to post a recent drone video you made ? I too have an illness that means i can no longer fly my mavic .

Best wishes and our prayers go out for you. Miracles happen, I’m proof, and also tech is advancing rapidly. Never lose hope, HE will prevail. God Bless ?

Stop by and say hi occasionally, if you can. ?

Reactions: Platinum 4 ever
Sorry to hear that you’re losing your eyesight but don’t give up hope, medical breakthroughs happen every day. God works in mysterious ways....

Those of you that know me will be aware that I’ve been losing my eye sight. At only 46, it’s a crappy situation to be in. Unfortunately, I’ve now got to the point where I can no longer drive, and no longer fly a drone safely. So, I’m sadly selling my equipment and leaving the hobby. I’ve been struggling to read without aid now too, so I won’t be visiting the forum much and as I’m going to miss flying it will be painful to come here and read about you all having fun.

This forum has been a fantastic place, and is full of excellent people.I wish you all a right, happy and healthy future. Stay safe! :)

Shaun?

Shaun,
I am saddened by your loss of eyesight. Not only have you lost your VLOS ability with your Drone, you have lost your VLOS to navigate through life. I hope you can move forward painlessly with a loss of something that most of us take for granted. I believe you have been an asset to this forum and I am happy that you had many years to enjoy this hobby and this forum. May God Bless you and be with you during what has to be your most difficult flight In life.
Bob

Reactions: Rchawks and Dbez1
I am an ophthalmologist (retired) but It might be helpful to know your official diagnosis. in Miami, where I live, is the world's best eye hospital, voted number #1 for many years by US News and World Report as the best eye hospital in the world. Many leading retinal surgeons work here and teach retinal diseases and surgery to doctors who come from all over the world. I am speaking about Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, where I trained here in 1971. If you feel like sharing this information on or off line in the private conversation section, I can ask my friends at Bascom Palmer for you.

Let's hope that someone somewhere can help you condition in the very near future. All the very best

Shaun, reading back and remembering your posts...please stay with the forum. If you leave you will truly be missed. I'm a living example of the advances in medicine just in the last few years. I'm praying that there will be an answer to yours.

Reactions: playstation
I wish you the best of luck. I can be in that situation for my diabetes. Hoping for the best.

Reactions: playstation
Take care of yourself! Just remember with the end of every adventure is the beginning of a new one, I hope you find a new hobby and community to share it with some way. :)

God bless you.

Not to trivialize your loss, but perhaps someone close can share in the hobby with you and be your eyes for you.

So sorry to hear this. I can't even begin to imagine what you're going through. All the best wishes for you in the future.

So sorry to hear of your loss. Nothing we could say could measure up to that, it’s a mountain you will have to climb hopefully with the help of family and friends.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goadreams