DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A simple Point of Interest 360 video.

acurth

Reactions

I shot this one 2 days ago in Bariloche, Patagonia Argentina. Hicked up to one of the tallest peaks in mount Catedral, and was able to get the 360 footage only a few meters higher than I was (no obstacles from other peaks for example) - that gave the video a nice angle to see the surroundings and the sky which was beautiful at that time too. I hope you enjoy it too!

Hi @acurth
Awesome footage
I am travelling to Argentina in February and I am researching regulations there. Have you gone through the complex registration process that authorities seem to have in place? Do you know if it's compulsory for foreigners piloting mavic for leisure (and abiding by all regulations of course)
Thank you
Thom

Hi @acurth
Awesome footage
I am travelling to Argentina in February and I am researching regulations there. Have you gone through the complex registration process that authorities seem to have in place? Do you know if it's compulsory for foreigners piloting mavic for leisure (and abiding by all regulations of course)
Thank you
Thom

Hi there @Thom99
Great to hear you're coming over to Argentina! Based on your comments you probably know more about legislation and the registration process here than I do. I live in a small city in the northern part of Patagonia, and I have not sought any permits or registered anywhere thus far. This doesn't mean there are no rules in place, but bigger cities may be more prompt to control I guess. I did read that you do need formal permits with larger remote controlled aircrafts, but the Mavic doesn't even reach the smallest category. I think that, as an individual, flying for leisure (not commercially) you will be just fine as long as you stay away from airports, or crowded places, etc.
Enjoy your time in Argentina, and don't hesitate to contact me if you make it to Bariloche and need any help here!

Hi there @Thom99
Great to hear you're coming over to Argentina! Based on your comments you probably know more about legislation and the registration process here than I do. I live in a small city in the northern part of Patagonia, and I have not sought any permits or registered anywhere thus far. This doesn't mean there are no rules in place, but bigger cities may be more prompt to control I guess. I did read that you do need formal permits with larger remote controlled aircrafts, but the Mavic doesn't even reach the smallest category. I think that, as an individual, flying for leisure (not commercially) you will be just fine as long as you stay away from airports, or crowded places, etc.
Enjoy your time in Argentina, and don't hesitate to contact me if you make it to Bariloche and need any help here!
Hello. I am going to run Patagonia run next month and i intend to use the mavic to take pictures of the lakes (villa la angostura until san martin de los andes), any tips? Tks

Hello. I am going to run Patagonia run next month and i intend to use the mavic to take pictures of the lakes (villa la angostura until san martin de los andes), any tips? Tks
Wow ekatron@ that's a great run!

As you probably know that area is really amazing with lakes, rivers and mountains - you'll sure have a lot of fun. As a highlight, you may want to visit Cascadas Ñivinco - that is a 3 stepped waterfall in the middle of the forest - really beatuiful. It is 40km away from Villa la Angostura, on your way to San Martin. You leave the car by the road (don't leave any valuables inside the car just in case) and walk a 1 hour path (a bit less too) to get to the first waterfall. One you get there, look for a steep path to the left to get to the second waterfall (it is only 50mts away so you just need to find your way up) - then you can find your way through to the third waterfall easily as you actually see it from the second one. Best time will be earlier in the morning so the sun is not in front of you for some Mavic shots that could potentially show the three waterfalls together! (Don't go asking park-rangers there where to fly to avoid any confrontations.)
Ask here if you have any questions! Enjoy your time in Patagonia, and specially the Patagonia Run!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+