DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
Fantastic piece of work and I must say I am very jealous, I was going to try and sneak a personal trip to UB at the end of a work trip to Beijng in July but unfortunately that has fallen through, I'll get there one day!

Great video, I like the LUTS / Colour Grading you have done. It like all art is down to personal taste.

Just noticed your profile location, you are just up the road from me, Torrance here.

Keep the videos coming!

Best,

Fraser

beautiful and uncontaminated place on earth. great capture, great editing & great music!

Fantastic piece of work and I must say I am very jealous, I was going to try and sneak a personal trip to UB at the end of a work trip to Beijng in July but unfortunately that has fallen through, I'll get there one day!

Great video, I like the LUTS / Colour Grading you have done. It like all art is down to personal taste.

Just noticed your profile location, you are just up the road from me, Torrance here.

Keep the videos coming!

Best,

Fraser

Thank you very much, neighbor!

Very nice - enjoyed watching it.

I am very new to drone filming having only take my first footage last week and I’d vivs happy if I ever get to this level.

The good:
beautiful landscapes, always a good start
Fitting music. Almost as important as the footage.
Transitions almost none existent. I’m going with the less is more!
Consistent camera work. Nothing breaks the drone video works the jerky camera.
Exposure is spot on!
The bad:
Colour grading could be a touch more natural, but then it works as is very well as well.
Speed ups. I’m not a fan of them unless they can be concealed or the scene wouldn’t work without them. If you want to add a bit more dynamic to the scene you could additionally use zoom feature. If you go up to about 114% the won’t be much of quality drop. Use a Kay frame set to 100 at the start and one with higher value at the end of the scene.

You could do with some more adventurous camera movements and add a couple of nice reveals and some very close flyby scenes to add some depth (this is more like a wish rather the critique)

Over all it’s an amazing peace that you should be really proud of!

Reactions: mikevangorkom
In July of 2017 I spent 3 weeks in Western and Southern Mongolia. I composed this video to show the size, scope, and beauty of The Mongolian countryside. From the Altai Mountains to the Gobi Desert, the landscapes are more vast and varied than I had imagined. This was my first time traveling with a drone and I'd love to hear your thoughts and feedback! Go fullscreen and turn up the volume!

Man!! Awesome video. Absolutely one of the best color grading I've ever seen. Of course, that stunning place help a lot. I bought the lut pack from SprectrumGrades. But I can't achieve this type of work. Could you please share with me the camera settings you filmed? Sharpness, Saturation and Contrast and color profile. Also the luts you used. Very Thanks!!!

The good:
beautiful landscapes, always a good start
Fitting music. Almost as important as the footage.
Transitions almost none existent. I’m going with the less is more!
Consistent camera work. Nothing breaks the drone video works the jerky camera.
Exposure is spot on!
The bad:
Colour grading could be a touch more natural, but then it works as is very well as well.
Speed ups. I’m not a fan of them unless they can be concealed or the scene wouldn’t work without them. If you want to add a bit more dynamic to the scene you could additionally use zoom feature. If you go up to about 114% the won’t be much of quality drop. Use a Kay frame set to 100 at the start and one with higher value at the end of the scene.

You could do with some more adventurous camera movements and add a couple of nice reveals and some very close flyby scenes to add some depth (this is more like a wish rather the critique)

Over all it’s an amazing peace that you should be really proud of!

Wow, thanks so much for the feedback and kind words! In retrospect I also think I might have over-ramped the color grading on a few of the clips. I'll try the zoom feature on my next video, that's a great suggestion! Thanks again!

Wow, thanks so much for the feedback and kind words! In retrospect I also think I might have over-ramped the color grading on a few of the clips. I'll try the zoom feature on my next video, that's a great suggestion! Thanks again!

I'm happy to help. If you are looking for a good place to share as well as give and recieve feedback and exchange experiences checkout Drone Video Reviews Facebook group. It has helped me a lot and I made some friends in the process.

I love your video, keep practicing and inspiring us to travel more... ;)

I have a question, i will visit Mongolia on February, i got a Mavic pro and i'm wondering if is there any permit or registration that has to be done upfront or even in loco?
In order to fly and take the drone in the country.

anybody who knows anything please do not hesitate.

Thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka