DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Active-Track Crash... extremely lucky caught on film

Geo_fletch

Reactions
I have been flying for over 2 years and crashed for the first time. I was using active track at school where I teach and I got extremely lucky when the Mavic 2 Pro took an arc and collided with some power lines. The drone hit the front arm leg., Props were not touched and the drone stayed airborne. Think I should buy a lottery ticket?

Power lines are a problem. I hit power wires to a park restroom testing out APAS. Only prop damage, battery popped out and some cosmetic scuffs.

I have tested the collision avoidance on our DJI Mavic 2 Pro several times, nothing scientific, I just carefully and slowly tried to hit stuff. Whether flying forward, backward or sideways, it stopped every time except around wires, even the big metal ones used to support keep phone poles. It has troubel with wires every time.

Reactions: Camino Ken
you got very lucky!! I just did something similar with not so much luck!
(end of video shows the 'incident')

I have been flying for over 2 years and crashed for the first time. I was using active track at school where I teach and I got extremely lucky when the Mavic 2 Pro took an arc and collided with some power lines. The drone hit the front arm leg., Props were not touched and the drone stayed airborne. Think I should buy a lottery ticket?
??‍♂️??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803