DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Active track, forgot to enable OA, hit a tree and then the road

Vilco

Reactions
The road was **** gravel, if it had been asphalt my Mav would have probably had no issues, scratches apart. One of those little stones broke into the front right vision sensor and cracked the lens/glass which is in front of it. Now the Mavic sometimes tells me "Not enough light, vision sensor may not work" or alike, but I can fly anyway. I tried if the left vision sensor still did its job and it does, but I don't like to fly a squinter Mavic so, what should I do? Contact DJI to ask for the repair and see if it's worth it or choose to use my refresh? Going to shoot some pictures of it now, poor beast...

Thanks for the mention @Cyberpower678

The part the OP needs sells for around $49 and if he can install it himself, he could save time and money.

That being said, if it bothers the OP or he cant do it himself, off to DJI in Holland for a Refresh.

Would I need to open the Mavic up, thus invalidating the warranty?

Updated: here are 2 pics

Last edited:
Updated: here are 2 pics

BTW doesn't it look like the top cover has been someway "raised" a millimeter or alike? Gotta check a picture of a un-crashed Mav... after checking a couple pictures it look like normal, am I correct?

I think you should send it in for a Refresh. Looks like you need it based on body and sensor damage. Before you send it in, make sure you take off your gimbal hood cover and your decals, you might not get them back from DJI.

Reactions: Vilco
I think you should send it in for a Refresh. Looks like you need it based on body and sensor damage. Before you send it in, make sure you take off your gimbal hood cover and your decals, you might not get them back from DJI.

ok

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78