DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Active Track not working at high altitude.

Ridermarra

Reactions
Hi guys,
I have been following friends ski touring up a mountain i followed them till 400m from takeoff point, i was really close to the subject, but DJI go 4 displays, object too high.
Is this intended in the drones limitations? Has somebody experienced the same?

Footage Link:

Hi guys,
I have been following friends ski touring up a mountain i followed them till 400m from takeoff point, i was really close to the subject, but DJI go 4 displays, object too high.
Is this intended in the drones limitations? Has somebody experienced the same?
Yes, the limit of 400m above the take-off point is intended in the drones limitations.
Yes, a LOT of other people have experienced the same.

You could start another (boring) conversation about why this limit shouldn't exist, but really it has all been said before, time and time again. The limit exists, and it's all in the software, as I believe that DJI have said the aircraft's actual maximum flying height above sea level is 'very high' (perhaps 50,000ft, I don't recall exactly).

If you want to read what has been said before I suggest you search the forum. I can't give you any direct links to previous threads, mainly because I'm not interested. All I'm doing here is saying, 'there is nothing wrong, your aircraft is behaving as it is designed to behave'.

You may not find this comforting :)

Regards

Reactions: Bunny Too
Yes, the limit of 400m above the take-off point is intended in the drones limitations.
Yes, a LOT of other people have experienced the same.

You could start another (boring) conversation about why this limit shouldn't exist, but really it has all been said before, time and time again. The limit exists, and it's all in the software, as I believe that DJI have said the aircraft's actual maximum flying height above sea level is 'very high' (perhaps 50,000ft, I don't recall exactly).

If you want to read what has been said before I suggest you search the forum. I can't give you any direct links to previous threads, mainly because I'm not interested. All I'm doing here is saying, 'there is nothing wrong, your aircraft is behaving as it is designed to behave'.

You may not find this comforting :)

Regards

I do not want to start any argument on dji. if it works till 400m next time i'll climb higher with the take off point.

Thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661