DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Adding Kitty Hawk to the Smart Controller???????

Baba

Reactions
I have read most of the posts on the SC and looked at every video I could find on adding Kitty Hawk/Third Part APP to the SC to no avail. Being an Apple person, I am having fits with Android. Unless you have a phone/tablet registered with Goggle Play you are out of luck. Any suggestions until DJI can cleanup this mess?

If you're looking to use Kittyhawk to request authorization to fly in controlled airspace, installing it on the Smart Controller isn't really going to be ideal since the approval confirmation is sent via a text message. That means you'd still need a mobile phone on you even if you used a Wi-Fi only mobile device to submit the authorization request.

No problem having a phone too. I guess the question is do you need to have Kitty Hawk on the SC so it can be linked to your flight? Or are they two separate issues. Use Kitty Hawk APP to request authorization on my phone and then just use the SC to control the flight. I already have Kitty Hawk linked to my DJI account.

I guess the question is do you need to have Kitty Hawk on the SC so it can be linked to your flight?
There are currently no links between LAANC and DJI. Linking your DJI account in Kittyhawk won't do anything but allow Kittyhawk to download your DJI flight logs.

Reactions: JS1600
I have read most of the posts on the SC and looked at every video I could find on adding Kitty Hawk/Third Part APP to the SC to no avail. Being an Apple person, I am having fits with Android. Unless you have a phone/tablet registered with Goggle Play you are out of luck. Any suggestions until DJI can cleanup this mess?
I went through the same thing! Kittyhawk does not currently install on the smart controller, they are working on it!

Reactions: MRomine and Filipok
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki