DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Adelaide

Anyone been around Port Gawler? Looks good for a fly - seems to be a conservation area/park but couldn’t find much on it online.

No, but looks like you're good to go there for sure, only a local council ban would be technically limiting.
You can easily take off and land outside the Pt Gawler Cons Res if it bothered you, although I'm not sure there would be any sort of pedestrian access in there anyway.

Wouldn't mind trying a flight or two down that way, would be awesome from the air, Gawler River mouth etc.

I also want to fly St Kilda area and Garden Is ship graveyard sometime, can do so out of the heli zone at the power station . . . not even sure how often THAT would get used !!

Reactions: ChoccyBoy
PG was quite good. There’s a new jetty there near the old ruined piles. Great for low and slow passes but over water so be careful! Some good flat scrub and water views.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
I'm from Adelaide too. Been flying DJI for 3 years. You could say I'm addicted - bought almost every new release since the Phantom Vision 2. I must say that the little Mavic is the best all rounder that I've had. I wonder if DJI will better it ???? - they always do though.
Recently bought the goggles but after a couple of weeks the novelty of them is already wearing off.
Public perception of drones has certainly changed. Originally everyone was curious - now most seem anti drones - some very agro. Therefore now tend to fly away from people. Used to love flying in the Hallett Cove conservation park but the Govt banned FileZilla Malwarebytes Rufus all that late last year.
Now enjoying it whilst I can before the screws are tightened.
Good luck and enjoy
I'm from Adelaide and recently got my Mavic but unfortunately haven't had much of a chance to fly it yet. Do you know of any good places or POI to fly it? And whats your experience of flying it around Adelaide?

Last edited:
I've been to Island View Road, Clayton Bay and flown my Mavic over to Goose Island from the jetty.
Interesting.

I’ve got some great video along the Victor Harbour coast from Hayborough Beach, out to Wright Island and the Bluff and through to King’s Beach. The coastline is spectacular, especially on a fine day.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka