DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Adelaide

Nice love that location, went there a few weeks ago.

Pt_Noarlunga_001lr.jpg

I went down to Hallett Cove cliffs yesterday arvo, was all beaut with low tide and the awesome rocks on the exposed foreshore and cliffs.
Trouble was the wind was blowing so hard up the cliffs, deemed it too risky and the shots would not have been the best anyway with movement.
I'll get there one day on a still arvo, with the sun on there, sea calm waters clear.

Reactions: Auspete
Hi All,

Another Adelaide member - keen to find out places that you can get some really great images.

What are people's recommendations?

View attachment 29520 Mavic air anyone? spec looks good, but kinda looks like a frog

I’m a DJI addict. Have bought nearly every one of their hobby drones at release for the last 4 years. The Air is once again very tempting but I currently have the Mavic and Spark and I don’t think this time that I can justify the cost of the Air. I’d normally just sell the Spark and get the Air but I don’t think I’d get anything for the Spark.
So this time I think the wife will win and no new air for me[emoji1][emoji1]

Update:- mmmm!!! - will power only lasted a few days - have ordered the Mavic Air - hope to have it by the end of the week.
Wife will talk to me again in few days [emoji23][emoji23]

You might wanna look at that. Thats where i flew my maiden flight. I posted to fb and got abused big time matine parks are a np no apparently.
Looks great Dylan. I gather that’s the port Noarlunga Jetty. When the weather is a bit calmer try flying out over the reef - you’ll get some brilliant footage.

New here guys, so where are some great, legal places to fly in ADL. Prefer good scenery. Seen lots on Instagram but it looks like a lot of cowboys who quickly fly illegally.

I’ve shot heaps of footage at Pt Willie. Is someone going to say that’s out too? I always check the CIFT app and operate according to CASA law, These small minded out of touch councils are a pita. How do real estate drone pilots operate in cities I wonder?

Hey Guys, in our Mavic FB group we have a Adelaide based newbie operator that missed out on Care Refresh, and now has to do the video thing for DJI. He is a new operator and the requirement is to fly upto 120 and out to 200 in one foul swoop. He is scared/apprehensive of even getting out of beginner mode atm. Do we have an experienced operator here that can help this fella out? Please PM me.

I have a Mavic down here in the Fleurieu. Tunkalilla Beach is a great place to fly a drone but make sure you stay clear of Deep Creek CP.
I was in Goolwa the other week taking part in the Cittaslow event at Signal Point with Chris Finnen, the well known guitarist. I noticed this Phantom-like drone flying fairly low over the crowd of around 200+ people. It came into land in the middle of a crowd. I went over to the operator who was a young kid (12-14?)!
I told him I had a drone and knew the law about flying with people around. I suggested that he pack it up and bugger off, which he did.
No sign of any parental control!

Hey Guys, in our Mavic FB group we have a Adelaide based newbie operator that missed out on Care Refresh, and now has to do the video thing for DJI. He is a new operator and the requirement is to fly upto 120 and out to 200 in one foul swoop. He is scared/apprehensive of even getting out of beginner mode atm. Do we have an experienced operator here that can help this fella out? Please PM me.
Hey Simmo,

What's this Facebook group you speak of?

Update:- mmmm!!! - will power only lasted a few days - have ordered the Mavic Air - hope to have it by the end of the week.
Wife will talk to me again in few days [emoji23][emoji23]
My wife let me get the Air. But she said it’s a reciprocal arrangement. I get toys, she gets what she wants. As a result I don’t get many toys. They all cost twice as much as a result.

Another newbie from Adelaide. Looking for some interesting places to shoot down around Linear Park/Gorge Rd.

Welcome aboard mate!
Download the CIFT app from CASA mate.
That will help you for sure.
I could only find one result for Linear park in SA, and its a NFZ.
1.jpg

Thankfully, I’m further to the east near Athelstone so looks like it’s only height restricted (if I am reading the app right) all good if I choose to go flying around home.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851