DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Adorama selling Mini SE

RogerDH

Reactions
I just got an email from Adorama promoting the Mini SE for $299 with free shipping (and the Refresh plan is only $29). I can't find anything on the web about DJI deciding to sell the SE in the U.S. after all, but there it is if you want to try to order one.

Edit: I see it's also a new item on DJI's eBay store, free U.S. shipping from Fort Lauderdale, FL., so I guess DJI did change their mind.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: maggior
I just got an email from Adorama promoting the Mini SE for $299 with free shipping (and the Refresh plan is only $29). I can't find anything on the web about DJI deciding to sell the SE in the U.S. after all, but there it is if you want to try to order one.

Edit: I see it's also a new item on DJI's eBay store, free U.S. shipping from Fort Lauderdale, FL., so I guess DJI did change their mind.
Some places, maybe not so much Adorama or B&H offer gray market items as well. Yet, since DJI is offering them - then they would not be that.

This will hurt the budget drone market! This is cheaper or the same price as many of those with far better quality. I think this is an interesting move.

Reactions: umanbean
This will hurt the budget drone market! This is cheaper or the same price as many of those with far better quality. I think this is an interesting move.
This is an interesting comment. I'm thinking about adding a cheap small GPS drone to my 'fleet' :) if you don't mind saying, which ones are cheaper or same price with better quality? I'm not very knowledgeable about the current offerings out there. TIA

This is an interesting comment. I'm thinking about adding a cheap small GPS drone to my 'fleet' :) if you don't mind saying, which ones are cheaper or same price with better quality? I'm not very knowledgeable about the current offerings out there. TIA
In that price range, the Mini SE has no serious competition. (I'm pretty sure maggior meant the SE is far better quality.)

In that price range, the Mini SE has no serious competition. (I'm pretty sure maggior meant the SE is far better quality.)
Oh, OK... thank you

(So this was just a case of the missing comma-but :))

As in:
same price as many of those, but with far better quality. :)

Reactions: merak75
So, talking my CFO (wife :)) into yet another drone is not off the table? LOL

I ordered one from Amazon (via DJI store), yesterday. Supposed to have it today.
I already have a Mavic Air and Mavic Air 2, so this is just something to throw in the car and play with if the urge strikes.
Watched plenty of YT videos on it. Basically a Mini in Mini 2 clothing. But it does have the upgraded battery, motors and props of the Mini 2. Not expecting GREAT things from it, but for $299... it's a banging around drone.
I'll post up my opinions on it later.

I ordered one from Amazon (via DJI store), yesterday. Supposed to have it today.
I'll post up my opinions on it later.
When you get it, please post the type of controller it comes with. The first announcement said the SE would have the Mini 2 RC case (presumably with Mini 1 electronics), but the listings I've seen so far either show the original controller or don't show a controller at all.

When you get it, please post the type of controller it comes with. The first announcement said the SE would have the Mini 2 RC case (presumably with Mini 1 electronics), but the listings I've seen so far either show the original controller or don't show a controller at all.

It comes with the original controller.

The Mini SE has been available in Canada since it’s release. From the reviews it looks to be an improvement on the original Mini.

Here’s a review by Captain Drone

Chris

Does anyone know if the SE is compatible with the Litchi App? I've heard it's a mini in a mini 2 body so was wondering if it was.
Thanks! Ann
I haven't yet seen a definitive answer to that question, but my guess is that it won't work because DJI's support page says, "DJI Mini SE can only be used with the DJI Fly app." One would think that any differences in the SDK to support the SE would be very minor, so maybe it will be supported sooner or later, but DJI management works in mysterious ways.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tore Korsnes