DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Advantages of a tablet?

Gratton

Reactions
Excuse the newbie question, I suspect it's very basic but, other than screen size, what's the advantage of using a tablet? I have a Galaxy Tab S6 that I could use but, even with the holders I've seen advertised online, it seems like it would be cumbersome. I'm currently using my old Galaxy S8+ and am wondering if I'm missing out on something.

Thanks,
mikeg

You're pretty much on target.
Tabbys: screen estate, period.
And yes, a bit more cumbersome than a cell phone.
It's a trade off you have to come up with. I use a 10 inch Galaxy tabby, and I got used to it.
I guess it depends on your eyes and if you have "sausage fingers"........ ?

If I did decide to try the tablet, could I just use a standard micro-usb to usb-c cable or does it require a special cable? There's no way the stock one would fit.

MikeG

Just make sure it's a data cable, not a cheesy charging cable, and it works great. The bottom port is way more robust.
Save wear and tear on the charging port too...

I have Galaxy Note 20 Ultra, and two Samsung tablets, 10.1" and 8". Of all, I prefer the Tab 8". Less cumbersome for me than the 10.1 tab. Screen size is better than the Note 20. My main preferrence is my Moverio glasses.

I have Galaxy Note 20 Ultra, and two Samsung tablets, 10.1" and 8". Of all, I prefer the Tab 8". Less cumbersome for me than the 10.1 tab. Screen size is better than the Note 20. My main preferrence is my Moverio glasses.
e143slime8, just going through some of the posts and noticed you posted about having Samsung tablets, 10.1 and the 8". Can you please tell me which Samsung tablets you are using that will work with the mini 2 using the DJI Fly App?. I keep seeing where certain models will work but depending on which one you can't get all the features to work the same as on the phone. I have the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra as well. Thanks!

Reactions: DroneToJoy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121