DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

After new Firmware update We now require your remote to service MA2 MA2S & MM2

DDS

Approved Vendor
Reactions
Applies to those on the latest 2 firmware updates.... Only workaround is to unbind the drone from your dji account and than we bind your drone to ou our rc and than would have to unbind when we send back repaired

TY DJI!

a lost or stolen drone will now never fly again w/o the owners remote maybe a good thing?

IMG_2139.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
So if I sell my drone w/o the controller, I would have to unbind the drone from my account? I'm assuming that as long as the drone Is unbound the buyer can bind any compatible controller? Where in the app do I need to go to unbind it?

Reactions: DDS
@DDS if you are DJI authorised repairers are you compelled to install up dates on equipment that arrives without them?
That's just a general query, I won't be sending anything to you as I am in the UK.

PS what firmware versions are the first to implement this feature?

Last edited by a moderator:
Good afternoon Steve @DDS

If I am purchasing a Mavic 2 Pro (Aircraft only), do I need to have the original owner "Unbind" the aircraft from their DJI Account and then we BIND it when we get it in our possession?

As I've never needed to "UnBind" from my account before, do you have a step-by-step How To for those who may need it?

Thank you in advance.
Allen

@DDS if you are DJI authorised repairers are you compelled to install up dates on equipment that arrives without them?
That's just a general query, I won't be sending anything to you as I am in the UK.

PS what firmware versions are the first to implement this feature?
firmware updates are the SOP when repairing drones especially when swapping a gimbal as it wont work without the update

So if I sell my drone w/o the controller, I would have to unbind the drone from my account? I'm assuming that as long as the drone Is unbound the buyer can bind any compatible controller? Where in the app do I need to go to unbind it?
must be connected to rc under profile i believe
Good afternoon Steve @DDS

If I am purchasing a Mavic 2 Pro (Aircraft only), do I need to have the original owner "Unbind" the aircraft from their DJI Account and then we BIND it when we get it in our possession?

As I've never needed to "UnBind" from my account before, do you have a step-by-step How To for those who may need it?

Thank you in advance.
Allen
Wont be necessary on the M2. We are only getting this error on the MM2 MA2 MA2S... for now anyway lets see

So what does this mean when I fly with my smart controller and then need to swap back to the stock controller? Is it going to cause an issue?
X2. I just switched my MM2 to my smart controller, right after I did the latest update. I have not tried to switch it back. I assume it would be simple as the smart controller gives me the option on what drone to use. I guess I need to try and test it tomorrow to see if it will allow me to switch back to the standard controller.

@DDS thanks for the reply, as an alternative to sending the bound controller could a customer send you the log in details for their DJI account? Or, asked in a different way, what happens if a bound controller breaks and can not connect to the drone?

@DDS thanks for the reply, as an alternative to sending the bound controller could a customer send you the log in details for their DJI account? Or, asked in a different way, what happens if a bound controller breaks and can not connect to the drone?

This update is going to cause many a real problem. Great for those stolen and or lost drones but for those of us that want options of control this is a real issue.

sure that will work however some may take it the wrong way asking for their login creds...

Applies to those on the latest 2 firmware updates.... Only workaround is to unbind the drone from your dji account and than we bind your drone to ou our rc and than would have to unbind when we send back repaired

TY DJI!

a lost or stolen drone will now never fly again w/o the owners remote maybe a good thing?

View attachment 142188
I always believed that to be the case anyway. Maybe I was wrong.

So based on this I could have made a grave mistake. My drone was lost and Dji sent me an email saying that the care refresh was transferred to my new drone with the new drone serial number, I went into device management and could not see the new drone serial there so I thought if I remove the lost drone from the account the new one would show up but it did not. So I basically made my lost drone available to whoever finds it indirectly. I wonder why Dji did not inform us of this feature in the app. Now basically if my drone was found that person can now actually use it whereas had I known about this feature it would have remained locked.

So based on this I could have made a grave mistake. My drone was lost and Dji sent me an email saying that the care refresh was transferred to my new drone with the new drone serial number, I went into device management and could not see the new drone serial there so I thought if I remove the lost drone from the account the new one would show up but it did not. So I basically made my lost drone available to whoever finds it indirectly. I wonder why Dji did not inform us of this feature in the app. Now basically if my drone was found that person can now actually use it whereas had I known about this feature it would have remained locked.
Your old drone is / was bound to the controller under your accounts email address. Anyone finding the drone will have to bind and register the drone to a controller under their own DJI accounts email address. So they will already need to be a DJI owner. Binding cannot take place without a DJI account. DJI are very strict on changing aircraft bind email addresses to the point where it is a detailed task even to change your own binding email address to a new email address, as they send a binding change verification code back to the old, or original owners, email address, not the new owners. (sorry for the many uses of the word binding)

I am not an expert but my understanding is that the old drone wont bind / register because its serial number was listed against your accounts email address and (maybe) has been recorded as being lost. DJI may / should have deactivated its binding ability, and therefore it wont fly, particularly if your drone was replaced under warranty.

Many people don't realise that, if you change email addresses, you really should go through the process of binding the drone to your new email address as it can cause confusion later on when claiming care refresh, informing of lost drones, warranty claims etc.

However, in the wonderful world of hackers, who knows.

Last edited:
Your old drone is / was bound to the controller under your accounts email address. Anyone finding the drone will have to bind and register the drone to a controller under their own DJI accounts email address. So they will already need to be a DJI owner. Binding cannot take place without a DJI account. DJI are very strict on changing aircraft bind email addresses to the point where it is a detailed task even to change your own binding email address to a new email address, as they send a binding change verification code back to the old, or original owners, email address, not the new owners. (sorry for the many uses of the word binding)

I am not an expert but my understanding is that the old drone wont bind / register because its serial number was listed against your accounts email address and (maybe) has been recorded as being lost. DJI may / should have deactivated its binding ability, and therefore it wont fly, particularly if your drone was replaced under warranty.

Many people don't realise that, if you change email addresses, you really should go through the process of binding the drone to your new email address as it can cause confusion later on when claiming care refresh, informing of lost drones, warranty claims etc.

However, in the wonderful world of hackers, who knows.
That Is good to know

Reactions: Crouching Leopard
Yes. The seller must unbind the drone from his email address otherwise the new owner cant fly more than 30 metres. When you bind to a new account, dji send a verify code to the old address / owner for confirmation. Thats why when you buy used from lets say ebay, you must make sure that the seller unbinds from his email address and sets your email address as the new binding address otherwise you are stuffed. See the attached screenshot of the binding confirmation page on DJI. When you slide across the verify slider, it sends a verify code to the existing email address. The seller must then enter the verify code in the box shown on the screenshot. Its a bit complicated but it does work.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-01-23 131408.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-01-23 131408.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Probably would have been easier for DJI to have a Lost UAS Button in your DJI account. This would stop people from trying to Bind your lost/stolen UAS to their account and notify you who is trying. You could then send that to authorities for tracking. I'm going to add a sticker to my A2s that states it cannot be bound to anotehr controller per DJI security. So, contact me to return my drone. :)

Probably would have been easier for DJI to have a Lost UAS Button in your DJI account. This would stop people from trying to Bind your lost/stolen UAS to their account and notify you who is trying. You could then send that to authorities for tracking. I'm going to add a sticker to my A2s that states it cannot be bound to anotehr controller per DJI security. So, contact me to return my drone. :)
Thank you oman

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31