DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Gimbal Motor Overload?

tmillerok

Reactions
Ok so I noticed on 2 different flights right after takeoff it was showing a “gimbal motor overload”. The gimbal was working and appeared to be fine. Was wondering what may have caused this and or if it’s something to worry about? I didn’t actually spot this during fight but when reviewing the flight later.

There are different levels of severity with this issue. The lowest is just a small temporary overload, can be due to strong wind and sports mode full tilt. The worst is permanently shaking jelly video and shaking gimbal. A way to check is if you yaw your drone left to right and right to left, vertical buildings may appear very tilted. Normally the drone and the stabilisation does a good job of negating rolling shutter, but if the gimbal stabilisation is shot, then it will ne bad. Another way to check is if you do a spherical panorama, the full movement of the gimbal will also test the stabilisation. If will end in failure.

That's what a serious issue looks like. I had to return it.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I forgot to add. As soon as you can provide proof (easily reproduce or video screenshot or video) its best to claim warranty straight away. In my case it got worst in just 24 hours.

Reactions: itsneedtokno
I'm having this issue now, this sucks I'm wondering if I'm going to have to send it in for repair.

Last edited:
Send it in, by now DJI must have known this is an issue, and would've had some root cause and changes applied. As you send it in, hopefully they apply the right corrective changes and solve this permanently. There really is no point to live with this.

I sent mine in to DJI they did some extensive testing and said nothing was wrong they updated the firmware which I felt I already had the latest version and they returned it to me if I get a chance I’ll test it out today.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada