DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 performance in wind... vs other DJI drones

Edwin Aguilar

Reactions
Hello folks:
I have the original air, and still think of myself as a novice in the hobby. I have been thinking of upgrading to the Air 2. My issue is performance in wind.

I am very careful with my current drone and avoid any sort of wind situation that seems like it might result in the drone sailing off to the sunset. Is the Air 2 better in the wind? Or, does it make sense to perhaps go with a different DJI drone product for better/safer performance in wind?

Thanks for any thoughts.

Reactions: JCO1977
I think it handles it very well but include the Sea Jacket and look how well it handles that.

• Love
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I think it handles it very well but include the Sea Jacket and look how well it handles that.
At 3:20...

You, "I wish it would come down a little faster"

Me, "have you heard?" When descending in Sport mode, if you also tilt forward she will come down at a faster pace. ??

I have been thinking of upgrading to the Air 2. My issue is performance in wind.
Is the Air 2 better in the wind? Or, does it make sense to perhaps go with a different DJI drone product for better/safer performance in wind?
No-one has commented on actual performance specs which is what really matters.
Ability to deal with wind depends on the speed the drone is capable of.
Speeds for the Air and Air 2 are:
Air
Max Speed (near sea level, no wind)
19 m/s (S - mode)
8 m/s (P - mode)
8 m/s (Wi-Fi mode)

Air 2
Max Horizontal Flight Speed
19 m/s (S Mode)
12 m/s (N Mode)
5 m/s (T Mode)

Although they have the same max speed in Sport Mode, the original Air is slower in P (N) Mode.

At 3:20...

You, "I wish it would come down a little faster"

Me, "have you heard?" When descending in Sport mode, if you also tilt forward she will come down at a faster pace. ??

Are there log data to show that? All the models that I have checked have a set vertical speed limit, and lateral motion doesn't change it.

Are there log data to show that? All the models that I have checked have a set vertical speed limit, and lateral motion doesn't change it.
No log data but the specs for the AIr 2 show a couple of differences from what's been normal for earlier DJI drones.

Max Descent Speed
3 m/s (S Mode)
3 m/s (N Mode)
5 m/s (S Mode during a sharp descent)
3 m/s (all modes at elevations over 4500 m)

Max Tilt Angle
35° (S Mode)
20° (N Mode)
35° (N Mode under strong wind)

No log data but the specs for the AIr 2 show a couple of differences from what's been normal for earlier DJI drones.

Max Descent Speed
3 m/s (S Mode)
3 m/s (N Mode)
5 m/s (S Mode during a sharp descent)
3 m/s (all modes at elevations over 4500 m)

Max Tilt Angle
35° (S Mode)
20° (N Mode)
35° (N Mode under strong wind)

A sharp descent eh? Must be a technical term.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremy Green