DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 weird shaking

If you look at the video you can use the horizon as a reference point, so I think it's gotta be the drone shaking like that right?
Good point!!!

Hello All,

I was flying my Air 2 today, and experienced this very weird strong shaking about a minute after take off. The weather was decent, there was some wind, but nothing crazy. I was flying over water to a lighthouse, in a straight line in sports mode. I was recording my way there and happened to use the feature to turn my camera sideways to see the props without changing direction or speed. It suddenly started shaking very aggressively, so I came to a full stop immediately. After stabilizing, I continued my mission without any further problems. I even swapped the batteries out afterwards and conducted another flight without any problems. Still, it bothers me it could be doing this shaking without me knowing about it and eventually it could crash... Anyone has any idea what could cause this problem? I never crashed or damaged the drone in any ways, only had like 20 flights on it so it's almost brand new. The only thing I put on it is a Trackimo GPS tracker(mounted on the battery), landing gear extensions, and an ND filter.
I attached a short video from the incident below. If you watch the video you will see that it's not very windy, the shaking happens at 0:31. Thanks! HERE IS THE VIDEO
The flight logs would probably hold the answer, but I think that was just the gimbal. The original Phantom 4's had this issue from time to time, and I recall the first time that it happened to me. The camera view went crazy in flight leading me to believe it was crashing. When I got it back, the camera was all askew, and after a restart, all was good. The combination of Sport's Mode and turning the camera that far sideways is probably not something you should do very often. Those little gimbal servos have their limitations...

The flight logs would probably hold the answer, but I think that was just the gimbal. The original Phantom 4's had this issue from time to time, and I recall the first time that it happened to me. The camera view went crazy in flight leading me to believe it was crashing. When I got it back, the camera was all askew, and after a restart, all was good. The combination of Sport's Mode and turning the camera that far sideways is probably not something you should do very often. Those little gimbal servos have their limitations...
I uploaded the flight log, I can't find anything on it indicating an error. I guess it could be the combination of the landing gear plus the gps tracker's changed aerodinamics.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair