DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2S Fly away

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would worry that if such a summary were picked up by a news organization then it could potentially make the situation look very bad for the industry/hobby.
Good point. We'd be doing the journalist's job for them.

Nope, it has been bettered both in terms of height and stupidity.
There is actually a very interesting recent video on here of a REALLY high flight in China( WELL into commercial airspace) where the start of descent was probably in severe turbulence.
There is also a "lost my drone" flight to well over 1000ft 'under' the flight path into an airport I know but that was a son who borrowed the Dad's drone (I doubt the height would have compromised a climb out as the airport has steep climb outs for noise limitation but I do not know the descent regulations.
The was an Aussie one, Melbourne?, that started with a climb to 1000ft+ maybe even 1640ft followed by a descent and fly out, downwind, over suburbs to low battery and the drone couldn't make it all the way back, besides which from memory the phone died because it was no where near fully charged at the start of the flight, the drone force landed in someones garden and was spotted in over flights using another drone.
Maybe it's not so much people do this stuff, it's that they post about it with such shameless indignation when it all goes horribly wrong.

All the above said, you must bear in mind that when people post questions on here, or other forums, it is generally a consequence of them having had a problem.
As such we see a skewed sampling of how people fly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe someone should start a 'Best of the Worst of' annual round up thread. A horror show of law breaking, safety violations, general stupidity and insults to common sense. It could prove very popular.
But then there would be those that would strive to become the best of the worst! Yikes!!!!

It makes me wonder just what DJI would have to do to make some flyers pay attention and do the right thing. In the example on this thread there were streams of dire warnings that his brand new Air2S was in trouble. And some of these warnings were coming in even before it was out of sight. Perhaps DJI should install a boxing glove on a big spring between the joysticks that shoots out and smacks the pilot repeatedly between the eyes if the app detects they are not paying attention or are simply ignoring the warnings.

The thing that really puzzles my brain is how adamant the OP is about his flight being ok, as he has done it before.
Especially when he was told and shown on a graph that the wind was to strong. Then got all pissed off when told about how dangerous a flight it is.
I've read a few of these threads, this flight is one of the worst, if not the worst.

A question....
Will remote ID reduce this type of flight?

Reactions: CDSkeeles
The thing that really puzzles my brain is how adamant the OP is about his flight being ok, as he has done it before.
Especially when he was told and shown on a graph that the wind was to strong. Then got all pissed off when told about how dangerous a flight it is.
I've read a few of these threads, this flight is one of the worst, if not the worst.

A question....
Will remote ID reduce this type of flight?

Remote ID won't prevent flights like this, but it will have two effects:
  1. Flights will be visible to ATC and other aircraft, and so there is a better chance of avoiding them, reducing risk.
  2. The aircraft and pilot will be identifiable, which will make it possible to track them down and will be something of a deterrent.
It's not going to help against pilots who willfully fly without RID (once it becomes a requirement), but they will be risking more serious consequences if they are caught.

Reactions: Moozer
First tip, please, paragraph a little, separate issues particularly.
Not meant in an attacking way, just that’s really hard for anyone to disseminate the above.

Ok, reading through.

Mob justice.
Sure people here will have a go at 500m, that’s deserved, but the analytical people here, while they probably would feel that way too, are very impartial and generally look at things factually and coldly.

Video can’t be uploaded here, only photos.
Video has to be uploaded to YouTube, Vimeo, or such and a link placed here.
Can be public or unlisted depending if you want it out there for general consumption.

The txt can easily be uploaded to phantom help or airdata and is usually the easiest data to explain your flight for those here that can help.
Again the link to either report can just be posted here, and all explained how to do that if needed early in the thread.

Best of luck with some feedback if you proceed doing that.
Sir, Please accept my apologies and forgive the lateness of my reply. When you have so many people thinking they were there is somewhat upsetting. I have no issue of course stating that there are likely better pilots than myself, but I have no way to judge that as I've always flown alone. To clearly note, there is nothing within this flight that I have not seen before and when problems throw a monkey wrench into your program like they do from time to time, then there are usually many ways to deal with them. The problem is, if you have no signal connection then your odds are somewhat different , no matter how much or little wind is in the program. If I crashed the thing and had all the chances working in my favor to recover it then I wouldn't be wasting anybody's time I can assure you, but I didn't get that chance. I believe I would be a little more understanding regarding this wind thing if 1. I was a new pilot and knew no better, 2. If I've never come across a wind warning in my past flights and this was the result, and 3. I was in an area I have never flown before. The thing is, I have flown the same route many times with my Pro Platinum and I still have it. I needed a little time to dig into this and get some kind of understanding as to what the flight logs can offer and hopefully make a better presentation to the professionals that are imparetive to setting things straight to DJI (I'm quite sure they already know). I deserve justice just like anybody else when prayed upon by wrong doers, and with support from the appropriate people I know it will be done. Beyond my whines, I hope there is also a new path for other pilots to take note of in similar circumstances and set the record straight. I have found many things that support what I am trying to say and slowly DJI is running out of intelligent things to say and cannot discredit my evidence as I do theirs. I'm sure very few get the privilage of great excitment to great disbelief in less than a day as I have, and to then get put on trial and overwhelmingly convicted by some is somewhat unsettling but realistically has no bearing this point forward just as long as they present their opinions in the form of a question. Opposition and opinions are good as long as one has an equal opportunity to retort, and I believe that's the key to having everybody share the same opinion, which would be a great accomplishment by all. I have very good data and information that supports what I'm saying to hopefully put aside any pre trial judgements for now so collectively myself, and the ones willing to participate can move forward. If you are willing to hear me out and collaborate over the hard information that I now possess, I would be thankful. One had mentioned that my story sounded like a broken record and that the data always seemed to lay blame on pilot error. I have made my apologies for the most part to all on this thread, but feel bewildered over a statistic like that. Similar problems are all over Youtube with the ocusync 3. Does Youtube fall under the pictures say 1000 words category, therefore malfunctions really do happen. Am I supposed to believe then that only people with video are credible and the ones without have non. The census of 100% pilot error in all cases is irresponsible simply on statistics alone. This is haunting and I can't help but feel for the ones who are not able to tell their story without help, and to think they may have been traumatized more for asking? Karma I suppose. I am a Civil Engineer born with no end to my energy if myself, my family or any stand alone soul feels outnumbered by the ones of whom would stand to gain from their loss. I can't stand phoneys, head steppers, stand to gain tateltails and anyone who hopes to gain through unfairness to others. People more often feel better and sleep well knowing that they helped ruin someone's day and It baffles me why this. How can someone not feel better for making a difference the other way. Oh well, They will come up with a good drug to offset the effects of narcissism, and predict with a degree of certainty that a cure just can't be found. Accordingly, this stands to reason because we all know it is far easier to treat someone's behavior rather than kill the cause. My rant is over for now, and back to important things. There are obviously many professionals within this site that accumulated expertise in the nuts and bolts of these flight logs and would be a major factor in helping to legitimize some truthful stories that people do have. I have spent enough time with DJI to clearly see in their demeaner that they are used to passing on the blame to others and I can tell that they get away with it. I was just another number to them with an unbelievable story something made by DJI malfunctioned lol. Sadly, I'm sure the majority of people take the blame simply because DJI is saying so and punish themselves. Well, when they find a conclusion that suits them, they sure don't give much effort to support what concluded their decisions, as again, people must just go away when they politely say its your fault, take our 15% off coupon, buy another DJI drone and be more carful in the future because my boss may say no coupons if it happens again. It was kinda funny though. Its quite hard to begin to tell you how stupid they look, and certainly must feel when someone goes for their throat. Truly, they should be ashamed of themselves and exposed. I lost count, but I think they caught themselves in more lies hopelessly trying to support whatevers left to not laugh at in their version of events than I have. I even feel embarrassed at times and somewhat don't want them to respond out of compassion lol. I talk to much, so If you are willing I think it would be best if I could get my flight video to you, as I think the video will give a different atmosphere of who the pilot is and the logistics. I still have a couple others to try and make amends with. One had mentioned that the Flight log is indicating there was big winds, and it showed that the drone was drifting in result, so DJI's conclusion does not seem UNREASONABLE. I do need his help also if he's willing. For those who read that and concluded he's another expert with the same opinion, then you should find another forum to spread your intelligence, because what I hear is "tell me why I shouldn't believe this" This is a person with obvious experience with flight logs and chose to have a quick look at my flight log with good intentions and left the door open for me to save face given a brief lookover. Sir, that's all I ask for. I just need a little more time to organize my stuff and I will message you directly. Thanks to everyone who kept an open mind. If anybody else may have something that may help myself or to bring more information regarding the ocusync 3 issues that DJI will not acknowledge and give the ones who got stonewalled by DJI a chance to make DJI honor what they said they would honor before they sweep the whole thing under the rug with all these updates with no explanation as to what is being updated. I mean, has anybody ever seen an act like this. Lol, I swear their not even trying anymore. Thanks again

I was looking at the txt log Philius posted. Specifically the signal map. Its showing good signal except for line p and line w.
What does minor signal errors mean?

The next tab of signal score says 96.2, which is very high.
I'm not a seeing a signal issue in that flight log, or I'm missing some thing.

Oh yah, you. Heres your signal

Just incase charts aren't your thing and like pretty colors heres another

Sorry to hear your drone is missing/lost.
The experts on here will hopefully shed some light on what happened.
As a new member here, I read a lot. Out of the 15 or 20 threads I've read on here, theres not 1 I remember being attributed to the drone.
Pilot error in some form. Some examples, RTH not set correctly.
Draining battery to low, not enough power to get home.
Wind to strong at altitude. Drone cant make progress and runs out of batt power.

From my reading, if the rc connection is lost, the drone goes to RTH automatically.
Thanks for your response

Attachments

• Screenshot (78).png
    Screenshot (78).png
    792.9 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot (69).png
    Screenshot (69).png
    102.2 KB · Views: 19
When you have so many people thinking they were there is somewhat upsetting.
When you don't believe what knowledgeable people are telling you, you have a problem.

I have found many things that support what I am trying to say and slowly DJI is running out of intelligent things to say and cannot discredit my evidence as I do theirs.
You are fooling yourself if you believe that there's any evidence to contradict what your flight shows.

Opposition and opinions are good as long as one has an equal opportunity to retort, and I believe that's the key to having everybody share the same opinion, which would be a great accomplishment by all.
When the recorded flight data proves your opinion is pure fantasy, it's not worth much.
If anybody else may have something that may help myself or to bring more information regarding the ocusync 3 issues that DJI will not acknowledge and give the ones who got stonewalled by DJI a chance to make DJI honor what they said they would honor before they sweep the whole thing under the rug with all these updates with no explanation as to what is being updated. I mean, has anybody ever seen an act like this. Lol, I swear their not even trying anymore.
Who are you trying to kid?
I've seen a few people in denial after losing their drone due to their own mistakes.
But you get the prize for total delusion.

You've ignored DJI's comments on your issue.
You've ignored the flight data and the people that read your flight data.
There's no mystery about why you lost your drone.
The data tells the story clearly and simply.
It was 100% your fault.

You also have a big problem with your writing.
It's very hard work reading it.
If you want people to read what you write, you have to use paragraphs.

Sir, Please accept my apologies and forgive the lateness of my reply. When you have so many people thinking they were there is somewhat upsetting. I have no issue of course stating that there are likely better pilots than myself, but I have no way to judge that as I've always flown alone. To clearly note, there is nothing within this flight that I have not seen before and when problems throw a monkey wrench into your program like they do from time to time, then there are usually many ways to deal with them. The problem is, if you have no signal connection then your odds are somewhat different , no matter how much or little wind is in the program. If I crashed the thing and had all the chances working in my favor to recover it then I wouldn't be wasting anybody's time I can assure you, but I didn't get that chance. I believe I would be a little more understanding regarding this wind thing if 1. I was a new pilot and knew no better, 2. If I've never come across a wind warning in my past flights and this was the result, and 3. I was in an area I have never flown before. The thing is, I have flown the same route many times with my Pro Platinum and I still have it. I needed a little time to dig into this and get some kind of understanding as to what the flight logs can offer and hopefully make a better presentation to the professionals that are imparetive to setting things straight to DJI (I'm quite sure they already know). I deserve justice just like anybody else when prayed upon by wrong doers, and with support from the appropriate people I know it will be done. Beyond my whines, I hope there is also a new path for other pilots to take note of in similar circumstances and set the record straight. I have found many things that support what I am trying to say and slowly DJI is running out of intelligent things to say and cannot discredit my evidence as I do theirs. I'm sure very few get the privilage of great excitment to great disbelief in less than a day as I have, and to then get put on trial and overwhelmingly convicted by some is somewhat unsettling but realistically has no bearing this point forward just as long as they present their opinions in the form of a question. Opposition and opinions are good as long as one has an equal opportunity to retort, and I believe that's the key to having everybody share the same opinion, which would be a great accomplishment by all. I have very good data and information that supports what I'm saying to hopefully put aside any pre trial judgements for now so collectively myself, and the ones willing to participate can move forward. If you are willing to hear me out and collaborate over the hard information that I now possess, I would be thankful. One had mentioned that my story sounded like a broken record and that the data always seemed to lay blame on pilot error. I have made my apologies for the most part to all on this thread, but feel bewildered over a statistic like that. Similar problems are all over Youtube with the ocusync 3. Does Youtube fall under the pictures say 1000 words category, therefore malfunctions really do happen. Am I supposed to believe then that only people with video are credible and the ones without have non. The census of 100% pilot error in all cases is irresponsible simply on statistics alone. This is haunting and I can't help but feel for the ones who are not able to tell their story without help, and to think they may have been traumatized more for asking? Karma I suppose. I am a Civil Engineer born with no end to my energy if myself, my family or any stand alone soul feels outnumbered by the ones of whom would stand to gain from their loss. I can't stand phoneys, head steppers, stand to gain tateltails and anyone who hopes to gain through unfairness to others. People more often feel better and sleep well knowing that they helped ruin someone's day and It baffles me why this. How can someone not feel better for making a difference the other way. Oh well, They will come up with a good drug to offset the effects of narcissism, and predict with a degree of certainty that a cure just can't be found. Accordingly, this stands to reason because we all know it is far easier to treat someone's behavior rather than kill the cause. My rant is over for now, and back to important things. There are obviously many professionals within this site that accumulated expertise in the nuts and bolts of these flight logs and would be a major factor in helping to legitimize some truthful stories that people do have. I have spent enough time with DJI to clearly see in their demeaner that they are used to passing on the blame to others and I can tell that they get away with it. I was just another number to them with an unbelievable story something made by DJI malfunctioned lol. Sadly, I'm sure the majority of people take the blame simply because DJI is saying so and punish themselves. Well, when they find a conclusion that suits them, they sure don't give much effort to support what concluded their decisions, as again, people must just go away when they politely say its your fault, take our 15% off coupon, buy another DJI drone and be more carful in the future because my boss may say no coupons if it happens again. It was kinda funny though. Its quite hard to begin to tell you how stupid they look, and certainly must feel when someone goes for their throat. Truly, they should be ashamed of themselves and exposed. I lost count, but I think they caught themselves in more lies hopelessly trying to support whatevers left to not laugh at in their version of events than I have. I even feel embarrassed at times and somewhat don't want them to respond out of compassion lol. I talk to much, so If you are willing I think it would be best if I could get my flight video to you, as I think the video will give a different atmosphere of who the pilot is and the logistics. I still have a couple others to try and make amends with. One had mentioned that the Flight log is indicating there was big winds, and it showed that the drone was drifting in result, so DJI's conclusion does not seem UNREASONABLE. I do need his help also if he's willing. For those who read that and concluded he's another expert with the same opinion, then you should find another forum to spread your intelligence, because what I hear is "tell me why I shouldn't believe this" This is a person with obvious experience with flight logs and chose to have a quick look at my flight log with good intentions and left the door open for me to save face given a brief lookover. Sir, that's all I ask for. I just need a little more time to organize my stuff and I will message you directly. Thanks to everyone who kept an open mind. If anybody else may have something that may help myself or to bring more information regarding the ocusync 3 issues that DJI will not acknowledge and give the ones who got stonewalled by DJI a chance to make DJI honor what they said they would honor before they sweep the whole thing under the rug with all these updates with no explanation as to what is being updated. I mean, has anybody ever seen an act like this. Lol, I swear their not even trying anymore. Thanks again
Write a book would you? I know that qualifies as the longest most ill-written post I've ever seen on here, and I'm pretty sure it qualifies as the most rambling and irrelevant also.

Methinks thou dost protest too much...

Last edited:
Wow.

@Cornholio could you answer the following questions.
1) do you think the winds at the height to which the drone climbed were as reported by the analytical tools? ................................................Yes/No.
2) If the winds were as reported do you think they were too strong for the drone to fight?.........................Yes/no.
3) Do you think that the flight suffered from actual loss of control at any point before the end of the log? ............Yes/No.
If so please specify the start and end time stamps of each period of loss of control.
4) Any comments about the heights you commanded the drone to climb to? Please keep the answer short.

With regards to 3), your post no74 includes a screen capture of the signal score for the DAT log, attached to this post is the signal score for the txt log.
I would also suggest that you open the airdate HD player for the txt log and start the replay. Then watch the actions of the drone in response to the indicated joystick positions, do you think that the drone responds to the sticks as in climbs/descents/tilts-appropriately? ........Yes/No.
Do the same thing with the Phantomhelp replay. Also have a look at the artificial horizon on the Phantomhelp replay.
With regards to the Phantomhelp artificial horizon and if you think the winds were insignificant, what is your explanation for the various side tilts indicated when you were NOT commanding sideways flight? ........Please keep the answer short.
From 483 seconds to 615 seconds you issue no horizontal flight commands yet the drone moves steadily approximately NNE whilst tilting steadfastly approximately SSW, that assumes the top of the page is N. Can you explain why that is happening?

Looking at the Phantomhelp csv, and if I am correct in that the RC signal strength is shown in columns BP & BQ, the signals show degradation in places but, looking at the two flight replays, the drone never, in my opinion, failed to respond to the joystick inputs.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-02-16 at 10.02.02.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-16 at 10.02.02.png
    143.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited by a moderator:
Could you answer the following questions.
1) do you think the winds at the height to which the drone climbed where as reported by the analytical tools? ................................................Yes/No.
2) If the winds were as reported do you think they were too strong for the drone to fight?.........................Yes/no.
3) Do you think that the flight suffered from actual loss of control at any point before the end of the log? ............Yes/No.
If so please specify the start and end time stamps of each period of loss of control.
4) Any comments about the heights you commanded the drone to climb to? Please keep the answer short.

With regards to 3), your post no74 includes a screen capture of the signal score for the DAT log, attached to this post is the signal score for the txt log.
I would also suggest that you open the airdate HD player for the txt log and start the replay. Then watch the actions of the drone in response to the indicated joystick positions, do you think that the drone responds to the sticks as in climbs/descends/tilts-appropriately? ........Yes/No.
Do the same thing with the Phantomhelp replay. Also have a look at the artificial horizon on the Phantomhelp replay.
With regards to the artificial horizon and if you think the winds were insignificant what is your explanation for the various side tilts indicated when you were NOT commanding sideways flight? ........Please keep the answer short.
From 483 seconds to 615 seconds you issue no horizontal flight commands yet the drone moves steadily approximately NNE whilst tilting steadfastly approimately SSW, that assumes the top of the page is N. Can you explain why that is happening.

Looking at the Phantomhelp csv, and if I am correct in that the RC signal strength is shown in columns BP & BQ, the signals show degradation in places but, looking at the two flight replays, the drone never, in my opinion, failed to respond to the joystick inputs.
Heroic effort Phil, but I think you might be wasting your time on this one mate.

Last edited:

Thanks you for your reply.
I think.

Reactions: PAW
Dude, you should go collect your partner, Bevis, and go have a smoke or something. At this point I’m thinking you don’t need flight analysis, you need a more personal form of counseling. If you can’t accept data from well-proven instrumentation and competent analysts, I sure don’t want to be driving over any structures you might design as an alleged civil engineer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo