DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2S Fly More bundle being sold with the RC PRO?

With the RC Pro working with the Air2s there's one of two things going on, either the Air2 S and 3 have the same radio chip or the RC Pro has two different broadcast radio's. Since these are mass produced items it seems logical the 2s and 3 have the same radio to cut down on production costs and yes Dji was simply lying when they said it wasn't compatible. Almost overnight the RC pro started to be shipped with the Air2s so they had to known months ago it was compatible they just wanted to get rid of their Smart Controller inventory.
Pretty sure the RC Pro will be compatible with all models that use the RC-N1 remote currently. Mini 2, Air 2 and 2S, and now the Mavic 3 since it shipped with it.

Lucky You. where did you order from? There was a new Air 2S firmware release yesterday. Wonder if that added for the RC Pro to work?
The RC pro currently only works with the M3,but I would think there will be a firmware update down the road
to make it backwards compatible. They better do that for what the thing costs.

I just got my order from B&H, have any of you who also bought this updated the firmware (if there is an update)?
Asking before I activate and pair, being a little nervous an update might break the Air 2S compatibility.:)

I just got my order from B&H, have any of you who also bought this updated the firmware (if there is an update)?
Asking before I activate and pair, being a little nervous an update might break the Air 2S compatibility.:)
I updated the Air 2S firmware when noted in the Fly App. I do not think there was any update for the RC Pro.

Received mine and updated the firmware after it prompted me to do it. I think there was a Fly app update as well. No issues post update. In fact, just for fun, I attached the RC Pro to my Air 2S I bought at launch earlier this year and flew that one for a bit. I need to decide if I want to sell one but that is beside the point. Firmware update was offered no issue.

Received mine and updated the firmware after it prompted me to do it. I think there was a Fly app update as well. No issues post update. In fact, just for fun, I attached the RC Pro to my Air 2S I bought at launch earlier this year and flew that one for a bit. I need to decide if I want to sell one but that is beside the point. Firmware update was offered no issue.

Awesome, thank you.
I have been told by my better half I NEED to sell the first Air 2S Fly More....and as they say "If Momma ain't happy, nobody's happy" .

I have it figured out and working. What a pain in the you know what! Had to use my WiFI from my phone instead of my home wifi. Simple as that!

Before I turned on anything I charged all the batteries too 100% including the controller. I turned the RC Pro and tried to connect to my home wifi. The first time it didn't work. Second time it did. Note: It will only work on 2.4GHz as my 5GHz SSID's didn't show up in the available list. If you're having issues connecting to home wifi try to use a separate 2.4GHz SSID if possible. Most internet boxes you get from the ISPs don't allow to set up separate ones however as they run blended SSIDs. I run Ubiquiti networking equipment in my house and have sep ones. I updated everything on the RC Pro that it wanted to update. I then turned on the Air2S and it connected to the RC Pro without issue. The Air2S wanted to update so I did that. I then put in another battery to get the battery firmware updated...then the 3rd. When I put the "original" battery back in only then would that battery's firmware update. Surprised it didn't update when I turned the drone on for the first time.

I live in the valley in AZ so we have a lot of wide open land. I took it to the middle of nowhere for it's first flight incase things went off the rails but no issues when I put it through it's paces in all flight modes.

Hopefully all places start offering the FMB with RC Pro combo soon. If at all possible save up for the extra $450 on top of the FMB you won't be disappointed.

Hopefully all places start offering the FMB with RC Pro combo soon. If at all possible save up for the extra $450 on top of the FMB you won't be disappointed.
Would be certainly tempting update from original Mavic Pro.
At least don't want to pay for Mavic 3's price until mess with EASA drone class certifying is sorted out.
Though DJI propably wants to cripple RC Pro bundled with Air 2S in firmware and prevent it won't working with other drones...

Anybody have a hard case that could fit Air 2S, RC Pro with Lifthor attached and a Feelworld FW279S? Trying to figure out one case that I can simply take out drone, RC Pro in Lifthor mount and then attach Feelworld (with quick adapter) and fly.

Anybody have a hard case that could fit Air 2S, RC Pro with Lifthor attached and a Feelworld FW279S? Trying to figure out one case that I can simply take out drone, RC Pro in Lifthor mount and then attach Feelworld (with quick adapter) and fly.
I use one of those harbor freight hard cases. It seems to be ok

Have any of you who purchased the latest Air 2s fly more with pro controller been and also have the Mavic 3 , been able to connect the new controller to both units? Since the Mavic 3 fly more doesn't ship with the pro controller (yet) I'm thinking of buying the air 2s fly more with pro controller and the Mavic 3 fly more and swapping out the controllers. I know in theory it should work but I smell something fishy with all of the doublespeak going on from DJI. Just curious is anyone has had this work for them. Thanks in advance.

Why does only B&H has this deal? Why would Amazon not get this combo to sell?
Maybe Amazon and the other big box stores have thousands of the old ones as back stock that they need to burn through first? A smaller place like B&H might have a smaller inventory and turn it over faster. Just a thought.

Reactions: Rubenc87
Have any of you who purchased the latest Air 2s fly more with pro controller been and also have the Mavic 3 , been able to connect the new controller to both units? Since the Mavic 3 fly more doesn't ship with the pro controller (yet) I'm thinking of buying the air 2s fly more with pro controller and the Mavic 3 fly more and swapping out the controllers. I know in theory it should work but I smell something fishy with all of the doublespeak going on from DJI. Just curious is anyone has had this work for them. Thanks in advance.
Read my reply earlier in this thread. #53. Short answer, not yet.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer