DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s questions after switching from MP1

pilifida

Reactions
Hello all,

Today i received my drone and i have several questions after my first flight:

- can't see photo size/settings features like: size:20Mp or whatever, quality: like fine, normal etc
- can't find battery discharge settings: how many days until starting to discharge
- can't find low battery alert settings: 10%-30%
Also when using ACDSee, the dng photos look awfully pixelated, but when opening them with photoshop they look ok.

The rest i will try to discover in the following days. Thank you for your help :)

Hi mate.
That SHOULD all be in the official PDF manual from DJI, have you found that, downloaded, and checked it out ?

I think this is it, but haven't flicked though it . . .

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI_Air_2S/DJI_Air_2S_User_Manual_v1.0_enIII.pdf

Edit - looks like the DJI manual has video tutorial links you can check out.

Failing that, if you go to YouTube and search > Mavic Air 2s settings < should get some of your info, try searches including other terms you want to learn about.

A lot of stuff on the Go4 app doesn't appear on the Fly app, features far less on the more recent aircraft than the M1P.

Heck, I think the M1P is the most feature rich drone DJI brought out, it still has more 'things' you can set up and play with then the M2P and so on, features with goggles etc.

Interesting in the manual page 29, says the battery should be at 30% or less for transport, AND that this should be done by FLYING to aircraft down to that battery level.
In this case, I'd guess it doesn't even have auto discharge.

Interesting in the manual page 29, says the battery should be at 30% or less for transport, AND that this should be done by FLYING to aircraft down to that battery level.
it discharges just way slower if you want it at that level.

Also when using ACDSee, the dng photos look awfully pixelated, but when opening them with photoshop they look ok.

Looks like ACDSee isn’t able to handle DNG (RAW) files and is just giving you the low resolution JPG embedded in the file. Photoshop, as you have found, can work with most RAW formats, DNG being just one of them.

Reactions: Thomas B
It does have autodischarge, but to 70% or so to preserve battery life.

The <30% is a regulation for air travel, only applies if you took an airplane when travelling which is pretty rare and you wouldn't automate that since <30% isn't good for longevity.

Air2 battery discharge and alerts are factory set. Read online manual and watch the videos. Lots of camera info available as well.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colinhayesroberts