DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2S Waypoint???

Rogerc

Reactions
Trying to get the most up to date information on the waypoint usage on the Air 2S.
As of the middle of March 2022 can the air 2S use way points?
Can you use Litchi to use waypoints if you have the RC pro controller?
Can Litchi be installed on the Rc Pro Controller?
All up-to-date info on waypoint usage is greatly appreciated.
Could be a dealbreaker for me without waypoints.

Their idea of waypoints changed, and it's not what you think it should be anymore.
You have to actually fly to your waypoint before you can mark it as a waypoint.
Kinda defeats the whole purpose.

When I found this out, I almost sent mine back, until I heard about Litchi.
Litchi is still in constant positive development on the air2s as the beta testing for ios has just been released.
It's been out for Android for a while now.

Learning this saved the deal, and the hassle of returning it.

Litchi's waypoints totally does everything you would expect a good waypoints drone program to do.

Try out Litchi, waypoints works but only on Android for now. Soon will be working with Air 2S on iOS.

The only place you can use waypoints with the Air 2S and the DJI Fly app is in one of the versions of hyperlapse, which is a major omission by DJI. I think the business model for the Air 2S positions it as a mid-level model, so if you want all the features you need to upgrade to the Mavic Pro models. I could be wrong about this - it's possible they just haven't implemented it because they're slow.

Litchi can be installed and run on the RC Pro, by using the amazon app store. I don't know if it will connect to the Air 2S - the day I was going to test it out was also the day I crashed my drone, and i haven't gotten it back from repairs yet. I sent an email to Litchi support about compatibility, and they said that DJI hadn't released the SDK for the RC Pro yet, and hence it isn't supported, but it might still work.

Trying to get the most up to date information on the waypoint usage on the Air 2S.
As of the middle of March 2022 can the air 2S use way points?
Can you use Litchi to use waypoints if you have the RC pro controller?
Can Litchi be installed on the Rc Pro Controller?
All up-to-date info on waypoint usage is greatly appreciated.
Could be a dealbreaker for me without waypoints.

March 2022 Updates​

Android: Litchi for DJI Drones

Version 4.21.3 (March 16, 2022)
- with the new Air 2S DJI firmware update v02.04.21.50, the Air 2S is now fully supported in Litchi for Android including gimbal control

iOS: Litchi for DJI Drones

Version 2.12.2 (March 17, 2022)
- added support for Air 2S (app restart required when starting new autonomous flights, see Known Issues)
- in VR mode, using the custom function 'Recenter Gimbal' now correctly resets the yaw head tracking
- fixed issues with Facebook/RTMP live streaming
- misc improvements and bug fixes
Version 2.12.0 / 2.12.1 (March 13, 2022)
- added support for Mini 2 and Mini SE
- Photo Preview now lets you share to any app that can accept a photo, not just Facebook

I heard this both ways... does anyone know authoritatively if Litchi waypoints are implemented through RC control, or are they stored and executed locally on the aircraft so the mission continues if disconnected on the A2S (as in older models)?

Does this link help?

Reactions: Faster
I heard this both ways... does anyone know authoritatively if Litchi waypoints are implemented through RC control, or are they stored and executed locally on the aircraft so the mission continues if disconnected on the A2S (as in older models)?
100% through the RC/phone/tablet so it's virtual sticks and not fully autonomous. If you lose connection the mission is over.

Reactions: RUFFSTUFF
Thanks for all the info. I love the waypoints on my M2P, both the Litchi app and the DJI Go 4 app waypoints work really well. I really want to have true waypoints and be able to use the RC Pro Controller. Really not clear at this time if the Litchi app will have true waypoints AND work with the RC Pro Controller. Also not clear if DJI intends to add waypoints to the Go Fly app.
All insight is appreciated.

Sorry but I don't think anybody here can answer that, only the app developers (Litchi and DJI) could do. I suggest you to write them with your inquires.
At this moment Litchi only works with virtual sticks In modern consumer drones.
About the RC Pro this is from Litchi website: "When DJI adds support for the RC Pro in the SDK, we will add support for it in Litchi."

Last edited:
100% through the RC/phone/tablet so it's virtual sticks and not fully autonomous. If you lose connection the mission is over.
I found this out last week.

I got the Air2S as soon as Litchi announced waypoints support for it. However, I am very disappointed with the mission performance - very erratic berravior (yaw oscilating side to side on an orbit mission) making the video virtually unusable. The M2P performed similar missions very well. It does seems like Litchi is using virtual sticks on A2S and suffering from the delayed response.

I got the Air2S as soon as Litchi announced waypoints support for it. However, I am very disappointed with the mission performance - very erratic berravior (yaw oscilating side to side on an orbit mission) making the video virtually unusable. The M2P performed similar missions very well. It does seems like Litchi is using virtual sticks on A2S and suffering from the delayed response.
Yup.

Just tried it out this morning on a very simple mission locally. Highly erratic behaviour and some pretty dubious altitudinal responses as well. Very disappointing.

Gotta say, this guy is getting fast less jerkyness than Im getting from mine. Nothing Ive shot using Litchi with the Air2s has been vaguely salvageable. This gives me (some) hope.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR