DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2S Wet Suits - FLY IN THE POURING RAIN !

Just a heads up for those wondering about shipping , I forgot about no shipping on the holiday .
Ah, I missed out on free shipping, can it be retroactively applied if I make the payment sometime early next week?

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
My kit arrived at my PO box a few days ago, and I just picked it up today. Already applied the piece to one of the batteries, which is pretty simple if you follow the directions on the video.

One tip that Coal gives is that after you put the wet suit piece on the battery, DO NOT put the battery in the drone. Let it sit overnight. The piece has overhangs, which are just as sticky as any other part. The adhesive is very strong, and letting it sit overnight will weaken it, making it easier to remove the battery. If you put the battery in right away, it will be harder to remove.

Two questions for @Phantomrain.org : If I understood your video correctly, it's never a good idea to leave a wet suit-ed battery in the drone for long periods of time (like, say, overnight or longer) because it will be difficult to remove the battery. Secondly, if not installing the jacketed battery overnight is good, is waiting a couple of days, better?

One other thing to be aware of: the head/nose piece is not a single piece of neoprene as seen in photos earlier in this thread (I cropped one down here) The nose/front part is separate. It's also black.

screenshot_144.jpg

One thing to note: You should have gotten Two of the Front Sensor bars , One in Black ; and One in Neon Blue so I will
send that out to you.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

Reactions: s grenald
I can see the value in having that wet suit.
And I don't want to sound like an *******, but $100 for a rescue jacket that looks like something you can do at home with a yoga mat, cutting knife, and super glue?

I can see the value in having that wet suit.
The Forum Members can get the Rain and Rescue Twilight Forum Package

Comes with the Wet Suit : All 3 Color Designs : Black : Neon Red and Neon Blue or White;
#3 Air Tight Battery Covers and #3 Power Buttons Covers and the Rescue Jacket for $174.95

Let me now what Color Rescue Jacket and I will send you out an invoice.

Here is the Rescue Jacket in Action :

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain and Land on the Waves

Last edited:
I’m really wanting to buy the combo package for my Air 2S. With the items that go underneath do you think I can still attach an air drop device. Here is the one I have purchased. I don’t think it will clip on but maybe using Velcro straps to hold it.

also do you have any videos showing how they adhere? I’m guessing I would just press them on after removing a film possibly. Can they be removed and reapplied?

Last edited:
thanks for my air2s raincoat.
tried it out in shower today, worked great.
the raindrops on the raincoat quickly dried off indoors.

yYB40BP.jpg

I edited this picture and it awesome, very clean capture of a rain wall.
Rain walls are nice capture . I only have one rain wall picture so far. there not easy to capture.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the rain.

2021-07-24_09h31_12.png

Reactions: merak75
With the vents covered, how does that affect air flow and internal temperature?
Vents are covered but not blocked so breathing fine, we have never had an issue with internal temps on any of the DJI drones.

The Wet Suit it self will keep the drone cooler in the extreme heat, Notice on the AIR 2S the bottom of the Drone reaches up to 120 F so its nice to have the Surge Mask on the bottom of the drone.

Here is the latest video we just posted: AIR 2S in the Storm Front

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2s in the rain. Phantomrain.org

Reactions: RandallSchmidt
They look really cool! How much weight does it add to the drone? How many minutes does it take off fly time?
In my case with M2P it’s negligible. Not to mention flying in the rain without PHANTOMRAIN.org gear means no rain flying, lightening pics, and I feel good knowing my “atomic” batteries won’t fly out from swell hell. And I refuse to buy an orange drone lol. When I received the package I thought it was empty. Flysafe and have a blast. sounds like you’re truly heading that way. Godspeed, Droniac

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS