DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2S Wet Suits - FLY IN THE POURING RAIN !

I flew my Air 2S with the Wet Suit on today in wet, damp, moist, and drizzling weather. This Wet Suit gave me a peace of mind. I was able to climb up to 392 feet in-spite of soggy conditions and periods of rain in the presence of wind gusts up to 26mph. :eek: Investing in these add-ons goes a long way :) Thank you Coal
Fantastic, thank you , always inspired by your videos and the simplistic beauty that you show.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.

Question, since I noticed these suits are sort of glued on (adhesive backing), what known impact would it have on some accessories? For example would the increased arm thickness prohibit the use of most prop guards? Or say getting a Firehouse Arc V strobe mounted on there somewhere (I only have one, but seems like what I'm finding is least for the Air 2S most implementations is at least two of them usually mounted to either the back or front arms).

roughly how much thickness do the arm covers add, and I'm assuming that part is primarily cosmetic.

Question, since I noticed these suits are sort of glued on (adhesive backing), what known impact would it have on some accessories? For example would the increased arm thickness prohibit the use of most prop guards? Or say getting a Firehouse Arc V strobe mounted on there somewhere (I only have one, but seems like what I'm finding is least for the Air 2S most implementations is at least two of them usually mounted to either the back or front arms).

roughly how much thickness do the arm covers add, and I'm assuming that part is primarily cosmetic.
One of the nice things about working with the 2 and 3 mm Neoprene thickness compared to a a very thin vinyl is its ability to be modified while keeping its function and cosmetic appearance and Structure as well.

We do leave the back legs open for Registration numbers or lights and the front ones are cosmetic only so all Strobes, Prop Guards , landing gear is an easy fit without loosing any Function of the Wet Suits.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain . land on the Water , Capture the Storm

Last edited:
What a beautiful drone.

What prop guards (ie: for storage in the bag) are compatible with the skin on? Most of the 3D printed stuff won't fit anymore.
The Neoprene is easy to work with and is not prone to tearing because its not thin , Best to just cut some parts and have me send you some new parts if needed.

Phantomrain.org

Very nice......

I put on the rescue jack today because I was going to do some flying down the channel and I glad I did.

I got a little to close to the water and it decided it was going to land.

I took off again and finished my mission. I made sure not to go that low again.

I knew that it might be close and did not want to take a chance.

Sure glad I had it on. Thanks Coal. Saved another one.
How did your camera/gimbal handle the water?

How did your camera/gimbal handle the water?
The Air 2S camera has been flawless in the Rain, Seems like a good air tight seal on all of them unlike the Mini 3 where its been noted that its fogging. Never had fogging on the Air 2 or the Air 2S , just a good build of a drone.

Thank you for the Shout Out on the Air 2S rescue jacket.

Phantomrain.org

Reactions: eva2000
Yes the low Center of Gravity and the weight of the drone dipping back in the water , keeps the camera out of the water , but more importantly allows the Drone to not flip in the waves.

When combined with the Wet Suit allows you to navigate the Waves and the Splashing that occurs on open water .

Were always amazed at how stable the Rescue Jackets are when the water get rough.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain > Land on the Water .

I’m really wanting to buy the combo package for my Air 2S. With the items that go underneath do you think I can still attach an air drop device. Here is the one I have purchased. I don’t think it will clip on but maybe using Velcro straps to hold it.

also do you have any videos showing how they adhere? I’m guessing I would just press them on after removing a film possibly. Can they be removed and reapplied?
Yes we do send a video showing how to put on each part and it should only take you about 10 minutes at most to put on the Wet Suit.

The 3m adhesive is best removed when sitting under a cold vent for an hour . Any residue just wipes clean with some goo gone.

We do Guarantee a perfect install so no stress in applying it , very easy.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2S in the Rain, Capture the Storm , Float on the Water.

Hi Cole I sold my a2 I just bought a dji fpv do you have a twilight package for them and are thay hard to fly I don't need the battery covers for the air2 .sorry I got bored with the air 2 thanks for everything I absolutely love your product .thanks

• Love
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Hi Cole I sold my a2 I just bought a dji fpv do you have a twilight package for them and are thay hard to fly I don't need the battery covers for the air2 .sorry I got bored with the air 2 thanks for everything I absolutely love your product .thanks
Sent you a PM , thank you for the support.

Phantomrain.org

I rarely use the life jacket because it seems to reduce my estimated battery life down to about half of normal (possibly drag if there's a little bit of a breeze). May only throw it on when I'm planning for very low height flying (few feet off ground or water, or marsh, or such).

Also I'm constantly having to press down the edge of the adhesive around the bottom, on two of the arms, and the area around the rear vision sensor every time I take it out of the case. But it hasn't progressed past mainly the edge peeling. One of the battery covers tore at the front right side edge, but hasn't progressed past that point.

But it does work, just wish the edges stayed on better.

Haven't intentionally sent it out in the rain, but has gave some peace of mind when an unexpected localized shower came in pretty quick. It kept the water out of the battery compartment (and blood from prematurely grabbing it due to people running towards the front of the cabin at me landing instead of to the back door closer to them, guessing they didn't want to track water into the living room)

I still have my Mini 2 with the wet suit on, which I'm keeping as more of the drone I intend to use when I want to send something out in wet conditions, though it seems like a good sealing gaffer tape around the battery door and port would be all that's needed for weather proofing the Mini 2.

All the DJI drones are prone to Force land because of the Landing Sensors getting confused from the Rain. , this is why Gaffer Tape wont really work . Thus the reason why the Wet Suits Focus on Protecting the Sensors on the Bottom
of the drone.

See Force Landings from the Rain videos on the Website. This is why Wet Suits are so important to flying in the Rain among making sure to fly again.

The Air 2S Rescue Jacket is a great Utility Tool to test the Waters you have never flown over before.
Were still flying 3000 ft out with the Rescue Jackets with no issues over the water. 3000 ft is a great Testing distance.

You should email for a Replacement Part if your Drone CASE damaged your Wet Suit.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Pouring Rain Long Distances. and Float on the Water.

Reactions: zeusfl
All the DJI drones are prone to Force land because of the Landing Sensors getting confused from the Rain. , this is why Gaffer Tape wont really work . Thus the reason why the Wet Suits Focus on Protecting the Sensors on the Bottom
of the drone.
That does make sense now that you mentioned it, considering water coming into contact with the sensor could create an 'oops' lol.
The Air 2S Rescue Jacket is a great Utility Tool to test the Waters you have never flown over before.
Were still flying 3000 ft out with the Rescue Jackets with no issues over the water. 3000 ft is a great Testing distance.

My main observation is based on what the DJI Fly app was estimating for remaining flight time, with the jacket on, it estimated half though I didn't really push it rather I did some flying and landed it, removed the jacket, popped a fresh battery on to check the difference and had the expected 20~25 mins instead of 11min. I agree it's a nice tool, but was taken aback by the limited flight window it seemed to give.

You should email for a Replacement Part if your Drone CASE damaged your Wet Suit.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Pouring Rain Long Distances. and Float on the Water.
The case didn't damage it, but rather it tore when I removed the battery from the top of the drone. If I inquire about an additional battery cover would it also be possible to inquire about an additional bottom cover to see if that helps the constant peeling at the edges.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hippysmavic