DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2S Wet Suits - FLY IN THE POURING RAIN !

No, we have selling the wet suit for about 4 years now and no one has been denied a warranty from DJI because of the Wet Suits or the Rescue jacket.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in an out of the storm.
Is it permanent once you put it on the drone or can it be removed?

How many minutes does the wetsuit reduce flight time? And how much does the rescue landing pad thing weigh and reduce flight time?

The DJI Air 2S Wet Suit only weighs 0.3 ounces so no effect on flight time or performance as you fly in the Rain.

The Rescue jacket allows the drone to float on the water and does weight 4 ounces so this can take 5 to 7 minutes off the flight time.

The Wet Suit is designed to stay on the drone at all times as you get a lot of benefits from such a feather light system.

Gear to fly your Air 2S in the Rain. Land on the Water
Phantomrain.org

The Wetsuite does not affect in my opinion (maybe 30 seconds?) LOL.
The Rescue jacket is another story. All depend what are you doing.

The DJI Air 2S Wet Suit only weighs 0.3 ounces so no effect on flight time or performance as you fly in the Rain.

The Rescue jacket allows the drone to float on the water and does weight 4 ounces so this can take 5 to 7 minutes off the flight time.

The Wet Suit is designed to stay on the drone at all times as you get a lot of benefits from such a feather light system.

Gear to fly your Air 2S in the Rain. Land on the Water
Phantomrain.org
I consistently get a lot less than that with the rescue jacket. Each time it's never more than 10~12 minutes per full battery versus 25~26 without it, even at lower altitudes in low winds.

1rfoLlW.jpg

MzfbCbW.jpg

I like the idea of the rescue jacket as sort of preventative (ie: get a lil too low and don't pull up in time for example), but it shaves off too much time due to the load almost always half if not more. I don't plan to continue using it because of that.

But I do concur with others, that the skin itself appears to have no negative impact on flight time or performance. I thought that it would probably get heavier if it got wet, but while the neoprene surface isn't slick, it doesn't seem like it's soaking up either, so that doesn't seem to impact either.

PS: I've received your package with the spare parts to address some of the minor peeling, much appreciate it and thank you for the additional parts for good measure.

Reactions: zeusfl
One of the best uses for the Rescue Jacket is to secure your first flight over uncharted waters. This is why I love the video below as the Waters he is flying over has Lots of Gators . Secures the Drone , and his flight path for future runs. Insane video , great use of the Rescue Jacket. Long distance with the Air 2 Rescue Jacket .

The nice thing about the Rescue Jacket on the Boat is you can take the Battery down to 5 %
and be able to snatch the drone out of the sky safely and quickly as we show with our Jet Ski adventure .

Having the Confidence to get your drone back on the Boat without issue gives you more time to fly extending the flight times.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water and Capture the Orca .

Last edited:
Reactions: zeusfl
I just watched the whole video again and that guy did a great job recording and flying !!! 😅🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Finding the Wet Suits posted all over the web , this guy show off what the drones can do better than most as he fly's everyday rain or shine and makes a post about it, Seem to always highlight the Wet Suit in Action. Awesome

2022-11-10_02h49_52.png

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2S in the Rain. Land on the Water.

Reactions: tokertm
These look awsome, really interersted, but what about the props and motors? Don't they get damp/wet? wouldnt that over time degrade them at all? Or am i worried about nothing as the props being on would just blow nearly all the water away?
Where I live it rains half the year so these would be perfect :)

These look awsome, really interersted, but what about the props and motors? Don't they get damp/wet? wouldnt that over time degrade them at all? Or am i worried about nothing as the props being on would just blow nearly all the water away?
Where I live it rains half the year so these would be perfect :)
Brushless motors could be submerged and not have an issue. It's the unsealed battery contacts that'll bring a drone down. And the props themselves are just plastic.

Props should be replaced every so often (say 500 flight hours for example or upon inspection of damage) even if flown always dry.

Reactions: tokertm
Brushless motors could be submerged and not have an issue. It's the unsealed battery contacts that'll bring a drone down. And the props themselves are just plastic.

Props should be replaced every so often (say 500 flight hours for example or upon inspection of damage) even if flown always dry.
Even though they are brushless motors I'm worried that they would degrade with water damage over time. I take it that's not the case?
Just a little worried but also really close to buying 😁

Even though they are brushless motors I'm worried that they would degrade with water damage over time. I take it that's not the case?
Just a little worried but also really close to buying 😁
We have never had a motor failure do to the rain with any of the drones , nor have any clients on the Forum and there over 5000 posts quite a few I think your safe. :p

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

An example of how crazy is Florida. In 3 minutes the weather changed from a little cloudy to pouring rain. Another safe from @phamtomrain wetsuit

• Love
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Hmm how does this protect the camera and the areas where the propellers go on? Looks like water will still get in where the prop motors are.

No offense but I would never risk these "Wet Suits". Would never fly my drone in rain even with a wet suit,just too risky with a $1200 or even a $3000 drone sorry :(

One other thing if water would get in do you guys cover the drone? I mean pay to have it repaired or even buy a new drone?

Hmm how does this protect the camera and the areas where the propellers go on? Looks like water will still get in where the prop motors are.

No offense but I would never risk these "Wet Suits". Would never fly my drone in rain even with a wet suit,just too risky with a $1200 or even a $3000 drone sorry :(
6000 Posts we get this a lot so it really helps to understand the Design of the DJI drones .

The Motors are Aluminum Brush Less , these are the same Motors used in RC Subs, this is why we can run them under water. The Camera have a nice tight Water Proof Seal so they can Negotiate the Rain well.

Its the Battery : The Power Button : The Vents and the Landing Sensor that are the WEAKEST links this is why the
Wet Suits Provide an AIR TIGH SEAL and Protect the Vents an the Landing Sensor so the drone does not force land.

If you need to make money every day with your drone and fly in the Rain as thousands do , than you want the Wet Suit.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water. Used all over the world from Tesla solar to NFL to the Swiss Railways.

6000 Posts we get this a lot so it really helps to understand the Design of the DJI drones .

The Motors are Aluminum Brush Less , these are the same Motors used in RC Subs, this is why we can run them under water. The Camera have a nice tight Water Proof Seal so they can Negotiate the Rain well.

Its the Battery : The Power Button : The Vents and the Landing Sensor that are the WEAKEST links this is why the
Wet Suits Provide an AIR TIGH SEAL and Protect the Vents an the Landing Sensor so the drone does not force land.

If you need to make money every day with your drone and fly in the Rain as thousands do , than you want the Wet Suit.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water. Used all over the world from Tesla solar to NFL to the Swiss Railways.
Oh ok still wouldn't trust them but thanks :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FloⒶlerta