DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 3 Release date Wed. June 28?

The way I pictured it , was going to be a 1" for the 24mm and 1/1.3" for the 70mm , that seems like it would make more sense without shooting themselves in the foot.

The way I pictured it , was going to be a 1" for the 24mm and 1/1.3" for the 70mm , that seems like it would make more sense without shooting themselves in the foot.
I agree. I will be very surprised if they release an Air 3 with a smaller sensor than the Air 2s.

They may have just shot themselves in the foot by having both sensors at 1/1.3.
Only thing I can figure is weight factor for one,and currently not possible to have a 1"
sensor for the main camera and a 1/1.3 size sensor both in the same camera housing.
And keep the overall size of the Air 3 down to fit in their midsize lineup.

A lemonade stand may be a good business. I saw a couple of young girls on TV getting $5 for a small cup!
What grifters! That's outrageous when the national average for a Dixie Cup of lemonade at a corner lemonade stand is $2.25. I price mine at $1.95 to keep product moving.

By law all signage must be hand-printed, or old-timey script font. Here's one of my employees courteously serving a customer... I have 62 franchises in 5 states. Edmund, here, is one of my best franchise owners, and quite charming with the ladies:

Screenshot_20230712_123314_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: old man mavic
Arguments about whether those numbers are correct or not?
Or if the size difference is "slight" or not?
How about how silly it is to focus solely on sensor size? Sensor area is important, but by no means everything. A 1" sensor from 2015 will not perform as well as the sensor in the Mini3P today. So much has advanced in sensor technology since then.

Reactions: old man mavic
Wowee, a hundred and forty six,plus my post about the upcoming Air 3
and isn't it amazing ,that in all the leaks ,not one word about the weight of this ,new technical marvel coming our way
sure for many this will not be an issue ,but here in the UK ,and probably many other countries as well ,it will be if it is not under the magic 500g mark
hang on,maybe it,will have a C mark ,just like the Mavic 3 did ,who knows ,it doesn't really matter for me personally ,if i cant fly it,unless it's so far from this and that ,not over property or infrastructure ,not here not there ,it defeats the whole object for me of purchasing it,

Has anyone checked ISO on the Air 3? I remember on the Air 2 ISO 100 was giving shutter speeds that were more like ISO 10!! It is great for long exposures but awful for action. I'm wondering if DJI is exaggerating the ISO on this drone too. When you say it's capable of ISO 1600 but that's really ISO 160 it's misleading. All manufacturers fudge ISO a little but I've never seen a company off by this much.

The ISO and shutter speed values on all my DJI drones are normal and expected, and match my cameras, and Samsung Galaxy Fold 4 settings in camera manual.

Can you give an actual example photo with the settings?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michalis