DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 3 Release date Wed. June 28?

Probably the first DJI drone in a couple of years I won't be buying because I already bought the last 4 major consumer launches.
I'll probably hold off only because DJI seems to sell drones WITH controllers until the peak interest is over.
Already having an RC Pro I don't want another controller.

I'll probably hold off only because DJI seems to sell drones WITH controllers until the peak interest is over.
Already having an RC Pro I don't want another controller.
Is that the only rc option, the RC Pro?

If you really want the drone, why wouldn't you sell the RC Pro new on consignment? You are probably getting it at a discount which means you can sell it at a lower price pretty easily. Just advertise it new and you'll get the remote in a couple of weeks (explain it to the buyer) and then when the remote sells, place your order for the drone kit; when it arrives fly the drone, ship the remote; be damned DJI drone-only sku.

I have a handful of remotes, that wasn't going to stop me from buying the Mavic 3 Pro. However, if interests are lukewarm, yes I would wait especially if you have other drones to fly. Usually takes DJI 6-months....

I'll be getting one. Just moved my Air 2S FMC on a few days ago.

I can't wait to see what the actual specs and capabilities are. This will be an interesting bird...

Of course, this all depends on where DJI pitch it on price. I'm hoping it will be somewhere between the Mini 3 Pro and the Mavic 3 Classic. It's going to be a fair bit more than the Air 2S though I reckon.

My Air2s still does the job. No need to upgrade, besides with DJI a new drone means new style batteries I am sure the Air 2s packs won't fit the Air 3 and I can get Air2s batts for 45-55 bucks.
That would be the 3500mAh yes? The 3750mAh are 90-115, if you can find them. Then agsin they run a lower voltage so you can barely tell them apart. With the Air 3, I am hoping for substantial flight times, if it's in par with my Mini 3 Pro (plus battery) , Mavic 3 and 3Pro, all next level. All get mid 30mins+. A must, hyperlapse fiend that I am.

So, two news events today... one being this air3... the other being the nikon z 180-600 lens.
I pass on the air 3, and keep flying my air 2s. I did push the button on the nikon 180-600 lens though. Should arrive around the same time the air 3 would. August.
I'll be interested in seeing the difference between the RC- N1 and the N2 controlle=

Reactions: Ulf Pedersen
Does anyone think that we will see Ocusync 4 on the Air 3?
Not a chance. If that ever exists there is no way DJI would release it with the Air series.
Honestly 3+ is more than what's actually needed for consumer drones.
I could see it helpful in Enterprise or the Matrice or other High end specialty aircraft.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure