DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air Crash.

@gupppy The .DAT continued recording after the MA crashed. You might want to look at the last recorded position in the .DAT which was about 36 meters past the last recorded position in the .txt

1566225546779.png

Reactions: sar104
Thank you BudWalker this was a problem coming, now I know. Just wish I can find the drone.
Did you get a chance to look for the MA? It's likely that it came to rest at the location I showed you in post # 21. That's coordinates Longitude 18.812661°, Latitude -34.099026°.

Hi BudWalker, yes we looked in the spot for day`s. Area was a security area back in the day`s. ( they use to test explosives) I was granted permission to search there. The spot is so overgrown that you could be 1 meter away and not see it. The only hope is the the craft had my cell number on an someone (with reward) will find it. I do get some feed back form DJI and I expect to get a result from them soon. I`ll let you know.
Thanks for you concern.

Hi BudWalker, yes we looked in the spot for day`s. Area was a security area back in the day`s. ( they use to test explosives) I was granted permission to search there. The spot is so overgrown that you could be 1 meter away and not see it. The only hope is the the craft had my cell number on an someone (with reward) will find it. I do get some feed back form DJI and I expect to get a result from them soon. I`ll let you know.
Thanks for you concern.
Hi BudWalker,
I thought I`ll let you know that DJI regards this case as a fly away. They are going to replace the drone. I AN SUPER HAPPY!!
Cheers mate

There are a few possible explanations for this behavior, but the txt log doesn't contain the necessary data to distinguish between them. The problem was a disagreement between the IMU velocity and position data, triggered by a CCW full rotation at 566 seconds:

View attachment 79897

Looking in position rather than velocity space:

View attachment 79898

It might have been a yaw error due to an incorrectly initialized IMU yaw value caused by taking off from a magnetically distorted location, a compass calibration issue, or simply a failure of the IMU inertial sensor package. The lack of any problems for most of the flight generally makes the first two options less likely, but IMU failure is much less common. The answer will likely be in the DAT file (FLY060.DAT) data if you want to retrieve and post that.

Mobile device DAT file: How to retrieve a V3.DAT from the tablet

Nah, I've taken off from 999 compass spots and it works fine.

Nah, I've taken off from 999 compass spots and it works fine.
What are you trying to say?
What's a "compass spot", what does taking off from 999 of them prove?

Last edited:
Reactions: Kilrah
Almost seems like we need to start strapping a cell phone to the back of our drones so we can use the "find my phone" app to find the drone. Maybe DJI will come out with a data enabled drone in the future.

Reactions: gupppy
Almost seems like we need to start strapping a cell phone to the back of our drones so we can use the "find my phone" app to find the drone
Or a tracker?

Reactions: dawgpilot
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kesiganes