DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air2s Engine overheating

geekone

Reactions
Hi all,
my "new" Air2s seems to have a problem : the right upper engine heats up very quickly, a lot more than the others and I quite frequently get a warning message as if the propeller was not fixed properly.

Does anyone had the same problem, is it difficult to replace the engine ?

Thank you

Last edited:
Change the prop just in case. If the problem continue, contact DJI support.

Believe it or not, every report I have read is that DJI is VERY reasonably priced on their repairs. Give them a call.

Reactions: geekone
Hi all,
my "new" Air2s seems to have a problem : the right upper engine heat up very quickly, a lot more than the others and I quite frequently get a warning message as if the propeller was not fixed properly.

Does anyone had the same problem, is it difficult to replace the engine ?

Thank you
What's the specific warning you're seeing?

Also make sure you do not have any debris inside the motor that is causing friction.

Reactions: geekone and HOG2K
If you do clean anything out of the motor, dust, a few grains of anything, you could try a little drone motor lube in there.
I wasn't aware it existed until I saw it recently, very commonly used for racing drone motor lube, obviously at the cutting edge of performance.

I wouldn't bother for a normal DJI type drone, unless you wanted to give it a go on finding minor debris in that one.

Reactions: geekone and zeusfl
What's the specific warning you're seeing?
Before flying, engines start and immediately shut off. The message is about the wrong propeller (orange vs black) in place. I have to take the propeller off, and put it back.

Not each flight the warning, just sometimes.

But the engine is always hot even after a short flight, while the other engines are cool.

Last edited:
If you do clean anything out of the motor, dust, a few grains of anything, you could try a little drone motor lube in there.
I wasn't aware it existed until I saw it recently, very commonly used for racing drone motor lube, obviously at the cutting edge of performance.

I wouldn't bother for a normal DJI type drone, unless you wanted to give it a go on finding minor debris in that one.
I have a standard lube and just did the test, no change : after some minutes of stationary indoor flight the engine is too hot to keep my fingers on.

Before flying, engines start and immediately shut off. The message is about the wrong propeller (orange vs black) in place. I have to take the propeller off, and put it back.

Not each flight the warning, just sometimes.

But the engine is always hot even after a brief flight, while the other engines are cool.
If you already changed propellers, upgrade firmware, and check for any debris inside the motor I will contact DJI for help. If the drone is not under warranty I will change the arm (including the motor).

If you do not know how to do it by your self you can contact @DDS which is an approved vendor and they can diagnose for free the problem. They can do it for you.

If you feel like you can do it, just buy the parts and change the motor and arm.

If you already changed propellers, upgrade firmware, and check for any debris inside the motor I will contact DJI for help. If the drone is not under warranty I will change the arm (including the motor).

If you do not know how to do it by your self you can contact @DDS which is an approved vendor and they can diagnose for free the problem. They can do it for you.

If you feel like you can do it, just buy the parts and change the motor and arm.

Just placed the order in well known online french store, less than 30€ for the original spare, included VAT and delivery.

I watched some tutorials, it looks quite simple to replace it.

Fingers crossed.

Just placed the order in well known online french store, less than 30€ for the original spare, included VAT and delivery.

I watched some tutorials, it looks quite simple to replace it.

Fingers crossed.
Sorry, I put your links for the US, I do not realize you were in France but I'm glad you were able to find the parts there. It's a simple job that may require some soldering but is easy if you did that before.

Finished, front arm replaced!

First test flight looked good, tomorrow more extensive tests.

5 hours work, but funny.

Attachments

• CBA89AB5-3328-486F-9D13-F933341FDBB1.jpeg
    CBA89AB5-3328-486F-9D13-F933341FDBB1.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 6
  • B5FC5A6B-574F-4034-A1FE-046216F38D4B.jpeg
    B5FC5A6B-574F-4034-A1FE-046216F38D4B.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 4
  • 6680CCAB-1DBF-47F9-8A51-F07ADAC9EA96.jpeg
    6680CCAB-1DBF-47F9-8A51-F07ADAC9EA96.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 6
  • F7DF57CB-1EEA-43CF-A3A2-9C4C28287BFC.jpeg
    F7DF57CB-1EEA-43CF-A3A2-9C4C28287BFC.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 6
Reactions: zeusfl
Well done !!

But .. it looks like it wasn’t the engine…

After a longer flight today the new engine heated up as well and the app showed ESC connection error 30085.

I found in a previous thread that it can bea caused by bad soldering or by a broken ESC board. I’m not especially good in soldering so, even if a was extremely careful during the whole operation, it is possible I damaged the ESC when soldering, or more likely the ESC was already the root cause.

I’m searching for a pro to fix it, I’m not keen to do more soldering on the tinies cables connected to the ESC.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78