DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aircraft Braking

Lee Shaver

Reactions
Yesterday I had a scare, while flying the Mavic an alarm went off and the message on the Crystal Sky screen read, "aircraft braking, return sticks to center and then continue to fly". Has anyone seen this before and if so what caused it and what does it mean? The Mavic just hovered, I had no control even after centering the sticks. I eventually turned it with the left stick and after doing so regained control. I immediately landed after that. Is there anything I need to do before flying again? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Yesterday I had a scare, while flying the Mavic an alarm went off and the message on the Crystal Sky screen read, "aircraft braking, return sticks to center and then continue to fly". Has anyone seen this before and if so what caused it and what does it mean? The Mavic just hovered, I had no control even after centering the sticks. I eventually turned it with the left stick and after doing so regained control. I immediately landed after that. Is there anything I need to do before flying again? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Were you flying into the sun? Sometimes the light from the Sun causes the obstacle avoidance to kick on, turn it off if you are in the clear and having issues.

It originates from the forward obstacle avoidance sensors. When it happens unexpectedly, it generally means that you were flying while facing directly into the Sun. The Mavic thinks that the Sun is a nearby obstacle, as the sensors become blinded. You can flip to sports mode, or go into the settings and disable the obstacle avoidance sensors.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR