DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aircraft's angle too great message

justcruisin

Reactions
Hello,

I'm receiving the message "The aircraft's angle is too great" on a new-to-me Mavic 2 Pro.

I followed the direction to restart on a flat, level surface but the problem persists.

Any tips or tricks before I try other methods?

A73C042A-39E7-4EA6-B241-87DF24825106.jpeg

@justcruisin ,try an IMU calibration first ,if that doesnt help it may be the giros are stuck
this can happen if the drone has not been flown for a long time ,hold the drone in the palm of your hand upside down and give the heatsink on the bottom of the drone a slap with the palm of the other hand ,this can get things moving again
and just in case you are wondering this is not a joke

When do you see that message?

Forward flight as it reaches top speed it will sometimes just stop, going to zero speed even with stick full forward. If I release the stick to neutral and then push forward again it moves....until it stops again.

So I tried a Litchi waypoint mission with cruising speed set to maximum 33 mph. Flying into the wind was ok, but with a tailwind the drone kept stopping and then restarted moving forward. That was when the message popped up.

Something to check.
See if what you describe does the same when switched to sport mode.

Something to check.
See if what you describe does the same when switched to sport mode.

I will check that but what exactly does that tell me?

I need to be able to fix this issue so that it flies properly in P mode.

I have had my M2P stop on me when flying into the low sun with obstacle avoidance ‘on’. But I’ve never gotten that message.

I will check that but what exactly does that tell me?

I need to be able to fix this issue so that it flies properly in P mode.
Some DJI aircraft don’t like flying into the sun. They can view that as an obstacle. Sport mode will disengage the sensors.

Some DJI aircraft don’t like flying into the sun. They can view that as an obstacle. Sport mode will disengage the sensors.

That's not what's happening here. But the solution to that is to stop recording and do it over without flying directly into the sun.

Turning off the sensors is not a solution. I paid a lot of money for advanced obstacle avoidance. It's best to learn and accept its limitations rather than turn off all safeties. Sport mode is also a much less steady video recording mode.

Chris

Reactions: justcruisin
There was no beeping or radar indications of anything with the sensors. Just the "angle is too great" message everytime it stopped and the instruction to restart the drone on a flat, level surface.

Last edited:
There was no beeping or radar indications of anything with the sensors. Just the "angle is too great" message everytime it stopped and the instruction to restart the drone on a flat, level surface.
Yeah, I don't believe that the 'angle too great' thing has anything to do with the obstacle sensors. I agree with the comments regarding IMU calibration and even Old Man's recommendation to try tapping on the bottom to loosen the gyro.

The only time I've received this message is with high winds, though it is typically head winds rather than tail winds and there is usually a "high wind" warning that comes with it.

Chris

Forward flight as it reaches top speed it will sometimes just stop, going to zero speed even with stick full forward. If I release the stick to neutral and then push forward again it moves....until it stops again.
With what the above describes, that tells me it’s sensing an obstacle.

I appreciate everyone's comments.

How should I proceed?

is there a way to do a full factory reset? Assistant 2 doesn't seem to allow this.

Then what? IMU calibration, compass calibration, anything else?

Just trying to get this thing fully operational before I start something with DJI.

IMU calibration will not solve the issues you describe.
Same for compass.

How should I proceed?
Have you looked at any of your TXT flight logs to see if there are any helpful details within? If you're not sure how to find your logs, you can find instructions on the bottom of this page.

Just a crazy thought, have you tried to contact DJI support? I know not many people like calling that line, but sometimes the most obvious is your better course of action. They may offer so reset solutions or offer to replace based on your findings. Just a thought?

Just a crazy thought, have you tried to contact DJI support? I know not many people like calling that line, but sometimes the most obvious is your better course of action. They may offer so reset solutions or offer to replace based on your findings. Just a thought?

I was hoping there was an easy fix!

Update: It's been awhile but I finally got a chance to troubleshoot.

To remove variables I flew this in DJI GO4 instead of Litchi. Drone has been updated to latest firmware. Problem still exists. While at full forward stick and full speed, drone will just stop. Screenshot below

braking.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98