DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Airflow only outside?

Annevanzwol

Reactions
Just watched this interesting video. Do I understand correctly that the airflow generated by the fan only cools the outside of the heat sink? It seems like that from this video (1:40). If so that takes away my worry of dirt flowing into the internals of my Mavic. What do you think?

Air flows through it. Look behind the camera, you will see the intake. It flows fresh air over the components inside.

If you put your hand next to the drone when the fan is running you will feel some air comes out of the bottom and flows over the heatsink, however, the rest flows through the body and comes out the vents by the DJI logo on the back of the drone.

Just watched this interesting video. Do I understand correctly that the airflow generated by the fan only cools the outside of the heat sink? It seems like that from this video (1:40). If so that takes away my worry of dirt flowing into the internals of my Mavic. What do you think?

Haven't looked at that up close and now my MP is on its way to Carson, CA :( to have its camera replaced or fixed.

If you put your hand at the back (when the fan is running) you'll feel air coming out of the vents at the back. Any teardown video shows the fan venting into the inside which is the best place to pick up heat.

The video shows some flow from under that under-cap and that, if so, makes sense when the MP is in forward flight: the nose is down, so anything that helps direct airflow to the heat sink will help in cooling the unit. It would also help when sitting on the ground.

Yet another reason to use a good landing pad, esp. if flying off of pavement in the summer.

That's too bad. With my pc I can use a vacuum cleaner once in a while to take out the dust which accumulates over time. I don't want to take my Mavic apart to clean it.

That's too bad. With my pc I can use a vacuum cleaner once in a while to take out the dust which accumulates over time. I don't want to take my Mavic apart to clean it.

Maybe not as much dust flying around as indoors where fibres, dead skin flakes and cat hair make up most of the dust.

Use a landing pad to keep dirt away. I recommend a 70 x 70 cm sheet of plywood with a handle cut into it. Artwork optional. Car portable, not something you want to carry up a hill.

LandPad.png

Though a smarter and lighter approach is possible too.

Last edited:
I did not know it can rotate 90 degrees for portrait shots??? How do you do that?

The believe the default shortcut is 5D button down (I have mine set to up), you can customize it in the RC controller options.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803