DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Airplane mode?

kbfromlv

Reactions
Was wondering being new to all this. How do you use your iPhone ? Do you use your day to day iPhone and if so do you use airplane mode? My luck is someone will call me when in mid flight.

Reactions: hychewright
Was wondering being new to all this. How do you use your iPhone ? Do you use your day to day iPhone and if so do you use airplane mode? My luck is someone will call me when in mid flight.
I am on android but I put my device on airplane mode to eliminate the chance that will happen.

Reactions: MrsTreat
In the beginning, I used my day to day iPhone. turning on airplane mode will still allow the phone’s gps to function, but I think that after one of the recent firmware updates, if you don’t have an active data connection on the device ur flying with, that it limits the flight altitude and distance? I may b wrong on that, but that’s my thought. Also, you can enable ur iPhone’s “do not disturb” mode prior to takeoff which will disable incoming phone calls. But Back when I used my iPhone for flying, i didn’t turn anything off and none of the received calls caused any errors or loss of control/function.

In the beginning, I used my day to day iPhone. turning on airplane mode will still allow the phone’s gps to function, but I think that after one of the recent firmware updates, if you don’t have an active data connection on the device ur flying with, that it limits the flight altitude and distance? I may b wrong on that, but that’s my thought. Also, you can enable ur iPhone’s “do not disturb” mode prior to takeoff which will disable incoming phone calls. But Back when I used my iPhone for flying, i didn’t turn anything off and none of the received calls caused any errors or loss of control/function.
You do not need an active data connection.

Reactions: Michael Ainsworth
Thanks all. I was told by DJI that when you turn on the app it will stop the phone from taking over. Need all the luck I can get flying. Lol. I'm a cowboy not a pilot.

Welcome to the forum kbfromlv. Have fun with your Mavic and this is the forum to get all the help you need. Happy flying.

I'm using my iphone usually and yes it is my main phone. I'm only using airplane mode when i want to or if i want to save the battery. But sometimes i also use my ipad air 2. And of course i have to use accessories to support my rc.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ad60