DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ala Carte grommet rings for lanyards?

vindibona1

Reactions
Democratic Peoples Republic of Crook County
Incoming Mini 3 due in tomorrow with smart controller. I like my hands free some times and have regularly been using lanyards with my other drones and already have 3 straps. I don't need another strap, but I will need those screw-in grommets with rings that the lanyards can attach to. Amazon has complete kits with the straps but sell for around $16. I just need the hardware to screw into the SC's base to attach the lanyard to.

Does anyone have a source for just the screw-ring parts?

Seen this thread, where someone found some thumbscrews that fitted the threaded sockets and drilled holes for a lanyard thru the screw heads?:

Seen this thread, where someone found some thumbscrews that fitted the threaded sockets and drilled holes for a lanyard thru the screw heads?:

If the M4 x 8MM numbers are correct, try searching ebay for this.

Eye Bolt Lifting Metric Thread Bolts M3 M4 M5 M6 M8 M10-M24 A2 Stainless Steel​

Not sure if I'm allowed to put links in threads. These may be what you are looking for. I also looked at Mcmaster carr and they don't seem to have anything that small.

My quick and dirty solution: ring bolts M4 from the local hardware store, shortened with a saw.
20220708_235327.jpg20220708_235231.jpg

They M4 eyelets Amazon has pack of 10

Sutemribor M4 Thread Machinery Shoulder Lifting Ring Eye Bolt, 304 Stainless Steel Screw Bolt with Male Thread (10PCS)​

I know you are probably looking for a double-point attachment (just grommets), but I wanted to share this just in case. I've been using these from GPC since the M2P SC and couldn't be happier. I prefer the single attachment point.

And to add to @yandawg's question, do you think they are long enough to allow the attachment of the LifThor monitor bracket?

20190921_103549.jpg

Made them myself.
Thread length is approximately 3/8 in.
Length can be made longer if needed.

Those screws are real nice, would love to have if I hadn't found what I did.
Those look very close to what I originally built. Are they made from aluminum?
I have shortened the head recently and make them from copper, brass and aluminum.

Those look very close to what I originally built. Are they made from aluminum?
I have shortened the head recently and make them from copper, brass and aluminum.
I would be interested in a set for the DJI RC, made of brass. just saying.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21