DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

All DJI Goggle Cases & their lowest prices (listed here)

So I bought the Vanguard Uprise II 43. I like the bag, but the goggles are in there tight! I find that if I put anything in the front pocket that it hard (like the batteries), they put a lot of pressure on the forehead piece. It's enough to hear the plastic flexing. Also, the case is tight enough to turn on the goggles because the power button is right on the edge touching the top of the back pack. Not sure if I'm going to keep this one.

Here's another inexpensive no-disassembly hard case available on Amazon for a pretty low price: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07311BV3Y
EVA hard case, pocket for cables/charger, no attachment points for a shoulder strap.

Only 2 reviews so far, so I'm definitely a pioneer with it, but will return if not acceptable.
I just wanted an alternative to the stinky $40 model and the other inexpensive one that keeps turning the goggles on accidentally.

UPDATE 27 Oct: received the case today, and it's very nice for the $22 I paid for it. Zippers aren't YKK, but are quite sturdy I think. Everything's stitched fine, the molding is clean, handle comfortable and ....... it's not stinky! No odor that I can pick up at all. The only downside for some people is that there's no shoulder strap nor attachment points for one. That little mesh pocket, by the way, has a thin velcro strip that sticks to the inner lining of the case, no zipper, so you should be able to shape it to fit whatever you want to put in there.

The other non-stinky one is about twice the price, so I think this is an excellent value.

61Hs0YIy%2BIL._SL1200_.jpg

Last edited:
I cannot seem to find a bag that fits my needs. I have the uprise 43 by Vanguard, but it's completely full so I can't fit anything else in there as a carry on like my toiletries or even the iPad mini. What I really need is a very small protective cover that will allow me to take apart the goggles and pack them in another bag. Right now the only thing that would allow me to do that would be to use the DJI sling bag and put that into another bag. Have you seen any other options?

Best option to me .... (amazon Basics intermediate size)

Mavic pro + 4 batteries + charger + controller + phone

IMG_20171023_215040.jpg

The uprise 43 by Vanguard is discontinued by the manufacturer so if you can find this bag and want it you should snag it, I can't find one new for less than $100. They now make an Uprise 45 but it's not a sling bag and it's $135 at Amazon. The biggest Sling bag they have is a 34 so if the 43 is tight I doubt the 34 will work. I went through this same exercise when I bought my new camera, I have 3 brand new camera bags sitting in my house that I tried and after using them found I didn't like them.

Keeping an eye on this thread to see what people think of these after using their bags for a while.

What about the Lowepro viewpoint BP250? That can hold the mavic and goggles... here is a video review...
Good stuff starts at 1:14

So I ordered this bag to give it a try based on this video and I'll be sending it back.

What I found was that yes, it all fits but only if you jamb everything into it. The way the guy in the video has his spare props over the Mavic would end up bending the props if you stored your gear in there for any length of time. The small pull out case dos fit but it's just way to tight for me to be comfortable using. The goggles headband barely fits in the back pouch as show but there is plenty of room in the main compartment where he is putting the actual goggle portion.

If this bag were a hair bigger it may just be perfect but it just doesn't cut it IMHO. Not sure if the Dronegaurd version is any better but the Viewpoint is just too small.

For now, I'm using a Tenba BYOB 13 Camera bag insert which works well for everything except the headband. I'm going to see if I can't figure out a way to use this style of camera bag inserts in a larger bag to carry everything.

So I think I'm going to use www.mycasebuilder.com to design a foam insert that should fit in just about any backpack (I have many laying around the house). I have used this company before to make foam inserts for Seahorse cases but you can design a layout that suits whatever gear or case that you have.

Right now they have templates for most of the DJI product just not the goggles (you can orient the parts anyway you want). So I will create the goggles template once I get home and can get accurate measurements.

I have the aftermarket FSLabs 5-in-1 charger and I would rather carry that than the single charger that came with my Mavic so I plan on adding a template for that as well.

Once I have it done I'll make it available to anyone who wants to make their own so if you have anything you might think needs to be added to as far as foam cut-outs go let me know.

Price for their foam and cases isn't any more expensive than some of the specialized packs from Lowepro or other camera bag companies but it will be higher than the Chinese stuff linked in this thread.

Just ordered this one from Taobao.com. First they refused to deliver to Vietnam as they thought Mavic was included ;)
TB2udBibcnI8KJjSsziXXb8QpXa_!!3448858137.jpg

I finally settled on a small pieced together setup to carry everything because I wanted the smallest case that could carry the most gear. Thought I would post what I'm using here in case anyone else is interested.

I'm using the Tenba BYOB13 case with the Tenba cable pouch modified to hold the goggles and goggle headband, made a quick video of this setup so you could see it. Had to make a holder for the headband to carry it outside of the case but it works well for me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147