DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Almost lost my Air Drone today....

Hi, my english is not so good. So, I have prepared the video and show the actual situation during the flight. Hope that someone can help me to dig out the real problem...

Thank you very much.

P.S. You may need to wait for a while until Youtube finish processing this 4K video.

Can you let us know where in that 14 minute video we should be looking?

There was a issue from approx. 7:30, Air started mis-baved.

Last edited:
It's happened to me before...did you remote disconnected? Mine was disconnected over the water 600 m away and it's RTH with remote disconnected.

It's happened to me before...did you remote disconnected? Mine was disconnected over the water 600 m away and it's RTH with remote disconnected.

Remote totally disconnect at approx. 7:30, and red light in remote is flashing.

Mine has done this before once. RC disconnected and drone return to home. I rebooted the RC so I could regain control. Although in my case I didn't touch the controls as I wanted to see if precision RTH was working and it landed a foot from where it took for without intervention.

So a panic flight ended with a big bright smile at the end of the ordeal. Still a strange issue, my MP hasn't had this issue before.

Mine has done this before once. RC disconnected and drone return to home. I rebooted the RC so I could regain control. Although in my case I didn't touch the controls as I wanted to see if precision RTH was working and it landed a foot from where it took for without intervention.

So a panic flight ended with a big bright smile at the end of the ordeal. Still a strange issue, my MP hasn't had this issue before.

That's much similar to my case. Panic, then relieve. Luckily.

Reactions: Brandaloo
Just make sure that you're actually in GPS mode before starting to fly over water. You want to see the 'RTH position updated' message.

Sometimes it might take a while for the Mavic Air to collect the GPS info, but you'll still be able to take off in Vision mode. Doing that—and flying out over a large body of water—is a bad idea for obvious reasons.

Reactions: r3dbullxxx
The Mavic Air turned away from you when it disconnected because it was trying to retrace the path. Read the manual under "Failsafe RTH".
I don't know the algorythm behind it, but it sometimes does it, some times it doesn't.

Reactions: Mavicairpilot
The Mavic Air turned away from you when it disconnected because it was trying to retrace the path. Read the manual under "Failsafe RTH".
I don't know the algorythm behind it, but it sometimes does it, some times it doesn't.

Really? There is "Failsafe RTH"? Thanks. I will read through the menu and try to learn more about it.

Reactions: Epp1983

I've only ever had mine fly straight when return to home. I've never had of retrace the path it used it get to it's current location.

Dear All,

Another situation that I lost control for my Mavic Air... Again. I think I can gather some of the common points that affecting the remote reception of my Mavic Air.

Lets's see the video....

Regards,

Jackie

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ENJOYBIKE