DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Already bound to another account

Flyb

Reactions
I'm having a mavic air 2 drone that is already bound to another account. If I open the DJI Fly app on my android phone, go to Profile, Device Management, Account and Device, the app tells that it is already bound to someone (unknown e-mail of someone), which is not me... Probably some employee of the shop where I bought it from.

How do I unbound this person from the Aircraft and how can I bound myself towards the aircraft ?

Do I also need to register the aircraft somewhere or at someplace in case of losing it or warranty or for the law ?

Thanks!

When you are looking at the profile, on the lower left is "settings" Open this and at the bottom left is "logout"
You can then login with your account. (this assumes you already have an account)
If you purchased a new drone it will require activation. If it does not ask for activation you have received a "used" drone. Activation gets you a years warranty from DJI but most likely you also need to buy DJI refresh.
I don't know about registering drones in your country, in Canada it's required but is has nothing to do with DJI.

Thanks for your quick reply. In the screenshot you can see that it is already bound to another account; rodolfo*****@gmail.com. This is not me. How can this be changed?

Attachments

• 1627845292788.jpg
    1627845292788.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 112
Only the person who bound the aircraft to their account can unbind it. This is an anti-theft measure that DJI has added. I suggest you return the drone to the shop for a refund, since it was clearly used and not new when you purchased it.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Thanks for your quick reply. In the screenshot you can see that it is already bound to another account; rodolfo*****@gmail.com. This is not me. How can this be changed?
Binding must be something new as none of my seven dji drones are bound to any account. I had to activate each of them and then an icon appeared for them on the DJI forum. I have sold a few drones and the new owner could use them after logging into the Fly or GO4 app using their account. This then gave them a new blank flight log book.

The binding you are showing might be for DJI Refresh, something I don't know about as I have never bought DJI Refresh.
You might have better luck asking your question on the DJI Forum.

Binding must be something new as none of my seven dji drones are bound to any account. I had to activate each of them and then an icon appeared for them on the DJI forum. I have sold a few drones and the new owner could use them after logging into the Fly or GO4 app using their account. This then gave them a new blank flight log book.

The binding you are showing might be for DJI Refresh, something I don't know about as I have never bought DJI Refresh.

DJI added the binding option a few months back, at the same time they added FlyAway Coverage to Care Refresh. It's designed to prevent someone who finds your drone from linking it to their account.

Reactions: Flyb
why does this website work so odd, with getting points to be able to post anything... very strange...

Why not call the store you bought the drone from and ask them what happened? Maybe one of their employees can unbind it for you if that is their account?

Reactions: Flyb
Why not call the store you bought the drone from and ask them what happened? Maybe one of their employees can unbind it for you if that is their account?
Yes already sent an e-mail. Hopefully they can perform this. Thanks for bringing up this idea though.

why does this website work so odd, with getting points to be able to post anything... very strange...
You get points for posting, if you post front page worthy stuff you get additional points. Accumulated points can be exchanged for cash that you can use in the DJI online store. I've used the DJI forum for a long time and have received $134 in cash to spend at the store. You also get 1% cash credit for store purchases. Bought 6 of my 7 DJI drones at the online store, typically with free shipping and no import taxes.

Reactions: dawgpilot
It can only be done by the original owner they have to unbind the drone ,I had this issue in May and still have found a solution

I just purchased a used Mavic Air 2s from a friend and he had the Flyaway coverage on it. He has it bound to his Smart Controller that he is going to keep and we need to know how to unbind the aircraft from his Smart Controller so that I can fly it with the standard controller. Can someone please explain how this is performed.

I just purchased a used Mavic Air 2s from a friend and he had the Flyaway coverage on it. He has it bound to his Smart Controller that he is going to keep and we need to know how to unbind the aircraft from his Smart Controller so that I can fly it with the standard controller. Can someone please explain how this is performed.
He just needs to go into DJI Fly on the smart controller, click Profile, click Device Management, and then click remove device from account.

I may be wrong but your dji care if still valid will only cover the drone with the smart controller, it has to be bound with the controller and drone when purchased, adding another controller would not be covered

Thank you for the info! I will see him this week and give that a go. He was pissed that he could not use the drone for mapping so he sold it to me dirt cheap and had his account deleted. I guess there was supposed to be a software update to make the Air2s mapping capable and the update was canceled by DJI. I hope his account deletion does not effect his ability to unbind it from his SC.

I know this is an older thread, does this mean I lose all of my flight log book for my drone I sold? Anyway I can see it later?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allezzov