Join Us Now

Alternative uses for drones

sar104

Dic mihi solum facta, domina.
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
www.mavicpilots.com
Wonder how much worth of drones these protesters are willing to let the gov confiscated,
Not to mention 0 positive impact for their protesting cause. Let alone irreversible negative image for their grp.

Lowest form of dumbness a human can get to.

It does seem like a really poor plan. I find it hard to imagine that they think this will generate any public support, or that they have any hope that the expansion plans will be cancelled as a result of this kind of action. So what are they trying to achieve? Not all publicity is good publicity.

Wonder how much worth of drones these protesters are willing to let the gov confiscated,
Not to mention 0 positive impact for their protesting cause. Let alone irreversible negative image for their grp.

Lowest form of dumbness a human can get to.

Chump change in the scheme of things. Besides a jail term of up to five years, the potential fines for flying a drone within a UK airport's NFZ are unlimited, plus you would almost certainly be taken to civil court for damages by the airport concerned. After the Gatwick fiasco anyone considering this can expect more technical countermeasures to be deployed, an immediate increase in police presence following the first flight, and a police force / Crown Prosecution Service just *itching* to throw the book at someone. We're definitely not talking the typical slap on the wrist for chaining yourself to building here; getting caught doing this could ruin your life.

Like many strikes and protests they'll also find out the hard way that annoying Joe Public as well as those in power you are trying to disrupt is the surest way to make Joe Public lose any sympathy for your cause. Remember all the comments from irate Gatwick travellers who would quite happily have lynched the perps last year? Yeah, that's *just* the reaction you want from people that you are hoping to act more responsibly towards the climate, isn't it?

Unless it's a false flag operation, then "dumb" doesn't even begin to cover how ill thought out this plan is.

Chump change in the scheme of things. Besides a jail term of up to five years, the potential fines for flying a drone within a UK airport's NFZ are unlimited, plus you would almost certainly be taken to civil court for damages by the airport concerned. After the Gatwick fiasco anyone considering this can expect more technical countermeasures to be deployed, an immediate increase in police presence following the first flight, and a police force / Crown Prosecution Service just *itching* to throw the book at someone. We're definitely not talking the typical slap on the wrist for chaining yourself to building here; getting caught doing this could ruin your life.

Like many strikes and protests they'll also find out the hard way that annoying Joe Public as well as those in power you are trying to disrupt is the surest way to make Joe Public lose any sympathy for your cause. Remember all the comments from irate Gatwick travellers who would quite happily have lynched the perps last year? Yeah, that's *just* the reaction you want from people that you are hoping to act more responsibly towards the climate, isn't it?

Unless it's a false flag operation, then "dumb" doesn't even begin to cover how ill thought out this plan is.

Right, when u want ‘public support’ for your cause,
the most stupidest way is to cause annoyance and inconvenience to the public. ??‍♂️
Not to mention get themselves into trouble with the law.

Seriously i feel they have their own other agenda for the protest

English is not my native language, for a min when u mentioned ‘Joe public’ i thought it has something to do with me .[emoji28]

Reactions: mereflyer
if they do what they are saying they are going to do,then it will cause a lot of media damage to us drone flyers in the UK,lets hope it never gets off the ground,and the drones as well

Reactions: Donnie
if they do what they are saying they are going to do,then it will cause a lot of media damage to us drone flyers in the UK,lets hope it never gets off the ground,and the drones as well

Precisely bro! Then the authority will have more ammunition to shoot us drone flyers and implement more restrictions, fines etc etc

Edited: seems like they already done it before

In my country i heard there is a frequency where the authority is able to emit, and bring down all drone on air in the area at once.
Not sure how true is it.

one point that is going to be in the favour of the authorities is the fact that because they have already stated they are going to use drones, it should be easier for them to be caught and prosecuted, and the focus will be on the reasons for the protest and not just on the drones themselves, even so a sad day for UK hobby flyers

Any possibility they're hoping that just by 'putting it out there' that it will generate enough publicity to get their cause heard? Surely they can't be stupid enough to think this will in any way foster any good will toward their objectives.

Surely they can't be stupid enough to think this will in any way foster any good will toward their objectives.
Leftist radicals constantly do things like this in the name of “protesting“. This is nothing new...

And I’m still trying to figure out how radicals using a drone to disrupt would reflect badly on drone users in general. Does somebody who uses a truck to run over people reflect badly on FedEx drivers?

Reactions: Vegasdad
Leftist radicals constantly do things like this in the name of “protesting“. This is nothing new...

And I’m still trying to figure out how radicals using a drone to disrupt would reflect badly on drone users in general. Does somebody who uses a truck to run over people reflect badly on FedEx drivers?
so what you are saying is all the negative biased reporting ,that has gone on about any incident where a drone flying in contravention of the rules has been blamed,has not caused all the different countries around the world to bring in new rules on drone use.plus the fact we all as drone flyers get negative comments because of the biased reporting

so what you are saying is all the negative biased reporting ,that has gone on about any incident where a drone flying in contravention of the rules has been blamed,has not caused all the different countries around the world to bring in new rules on drone use.plus the fact we all as drone flyers get negative comments because of the biased reporting
No, I was talking about radical protesters using drones to disrupt. How was that hard to understand?

No, I was talking about radical protesters using drones to disrupt. How was that hard to understand?
please see my post #9 i think we both got our wires crossed

Dam Hippies ?
Is there anything worse in the world than a post grad student Protesting.
Combination Of Naivety, book knowledge, Selfish wisdom, Sprinkled with
lack of life experience

I hope the authorities blame the Tools, not the tool.

Reactions: mereflyer
Any possibility they're hoping that just by 'putting it out there' that it will generate enough publicity to get their cause heard? Surely they can't be stupid enough to think this will in any way foster any good will toward their objectives.
John
I don't have anything against the cause but I am not keen on the use of drones for it. They could have easily chosen kites for it

John
I don't have anything against the cause but I am not keen on the use of drones for it. They could have easily chosen kites for it
Just to be clear, I am in no way in support of their 'cause'. I was just wondering if they would actually take such radical action to promote their views or whether just threatening to do it would gain enough publicity for them given all the recent news regarding drones at Heathrow.

Just to be clear, I am in no way in support of their 'cause'. I was just wondering if they would actually take such radical action to promote their views or whether just threatening to do it would gain enough publicity for them given all the recent news regarding drones at Heathrow.
Whatever their reasons, it is definitely going to add some bad publicity for us

Reactions: Thomas B
Ecoterrorism isn't anything new, its just finally started using another technology.

As for us, DJI has been making drones that can be easily tracked, monitored and regulated. It’s the home brewed drones that are going to have the worse fallout from events like this. Too bad too, a lot of robotics classes teach kids with home brew drone programming and they’ll have to change also.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman