DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ALTITUDE DROPPING

Maverick1

Reactions
Hey fellas,

I had a minor crash a few weeks ago and hadn’t noticed any real damage to my Mavic pro. The only thing I noticed is sometimes at a low altitude the drone starts to drop in altitude for instance, I had it at about 8 feet just observing and notice on my controller it went 7.8, 7.5, 7.2 and kept decreasing. Note it was a very windy day and maybe this was affecting it but I was curious if anyone else has seen this issue.

Thanks,

Maverick

check there is no dirt in or on the bottom sensors as a result of the crash,also if it is windy this can cause the drone to move up and down due to the changing air pressure above and below the drone its called ground effect

Reactions: ultracat and WAXMAN
Hey fellas,

I had a minor crash a few weeks ago and hadn’t noticed any real damage to my Mavic pro. The only thing I noticed is sometimes at a low altitude the drone starts to drop in altitude for instance, I had it at about 8 feet just observing and notice on my controller it went 7.8, 7.5, 7.2 and kept decreasing. Note it was a very windy day and maybe this was affecting it but I was curious if anyone else has seen this issue.

Thanks,

Maverick

Did you have VPS on or off? What surface was underneath?
With VPS on above water or certain surfaces the drone may sink. I have observed this occasionally over fields with crop moving in wind and water.

Last edited:
I believe it was on but I need to check. The surface was a big grass field next to a lake so it was very windy.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman