DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Altitude Zone limits different from Mini 3 to Mavic 3

akdrone

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Yesterday I took my Mini 3 out at my house which is in an altitude zone. When I fly my Mini it stops me at 98 feet. When I fly my Mavic I am limited to 394 feet. I don't understand this. Anyone else seen this kind of thing?

• Haha
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
At my new 3 acre property near Willis, Texas (we will build on in 5-6 years out in the sticks but still with a HOA go figure) my air2/2s has a altitude limit of 500 feet capped at take off. However at my home here in Houston technically which is class B and needs me to get LAANC approval to fly legally if I wanted to I could go to 1650 ft. Now neither is a issue cause you know we don't fly above 400 feet ever. The whole 500 feet limit is the odd one for me at the Willis, Tx location. same behavior with the Mavic 3 before i sent back... If i get back out there in next 6 days before im sending back the mini 3 pro will see if it is the same.

New place is around the X outside Sam Houston State park. lol
Screenshot_20220801-222439_Aloft-01.jpeg

When you look at the Geo Zone map, you have to select the drone. The default selection is the Spark. I've seen some Geo Zones in my area that change when I select Mavic Air 2 from the default selection of Spark.

The Geo Zone idea would be great if it matched what the relevant authority (e.g. FAA) specifies. Last week I got LAANC approval to fly 400 ft at a location that DJI would only let me fly 200 ft. Yet on a prior day I only got a warning when I flew into a restricted zone...which I exited immediately. It's all over the place.

Yesterday I took my Mini 3 out at my house which is in an altitude zone. When I fly my Mini it stops me at 98 feet. When I fly my Mavic I am limited to 394 feet. I don't understand this. Anyone else seen this kind of thing?
Just a thought, is the mini still set to beginner?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne