DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Always auto land for some reason

Ahmadp044

Reactions
I’ve recently sold my phantom 3 and when I got a Mavic Pro I’ve noticed it always lands for me when I get done flying it I have to move the left stick all the way down and it auto lands but I prefer to land it myself with me controlling the throttle and the power to it is there a way to take off auto landing

I may be wrong, but I think the only way is to turn off the downward sensor. Personally, I hand catch

Thanks I actually got it to work and I personally don’t like the auto landing I prefer to land it manually it feels more safe and reliable thanks again RTKD

Reactions: RTKD
Do you mean the hesitation at the last foot before touchdown and powering off on touchdown? I wouldn't exactly call that autoland.

The P3 also powers off after landing if you hold the left stick down.

Do you mean the hesitation at the last foot before touchdown and powering off on touchdown? I wouldn't exactly call that autoland.

The P3 also powers off after landing if you hold the left stick down.

Well the phantom would give me full control during landing and the Mavic stops nearly a foot above and waits for me to jam the joystick Down

Well the phantom would give me full control during landing and the Mavic stops nearly a foot above and waits for me to jam the joystick Down
that is because the phantom does not have downward sensors it just comes down till it lands the mav hovers because it is very low to the ground unlike the phantom that has a tall stance it is a way to protect the props and gimbal from damage if the ground is uneven and gives you a chance to move to another spot i think you are lucky you have not damaged it yet

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devilsown