DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 3 Amazing Views at The Old Man of Storr, Isle of Skye

AlbionDrones

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
Amazing autumn weather afforded a 3 TOAL flight of the Storr from Loch Fada, Loch Leathan and from the Coffee shop - sadly shut for the winter - Car Park opposite the Stor Car Park - which meant I saw no 'No Drone' signs anywhere, and the area has no FRZ - the SSSI is for the rock formations, so as long as you dont crash then you are ok...

Another area of inspiration for JRR Tolkien when writing the Hobbit and the LOTR, reflected with in the choice of music...

Amazing autumn weather afforded a 3 TOAL flight of the Storr from Loch Fada, Loch Leathan and from the Coffee shop - sadly shut for the winter - Car Park opposite the Stor Car Park - which meant I saw no 'No Drone' signs anywhere, and the area has no FRZ - the SSSI is for the rock formations, so as long as you dont crash then you are ok...
Hi Lady, what an amazing video and very well fitting song!
About 40 years ago I was standing not far from the Old man of storr and unfortunately there were no drones yet and I had to be content with the tripod camera to film the storr! Then I was at Kilt Rock and marveled at the fantastic waterfall!
I really enjoyed your video and it brought back some great memories 😉👍
cheers Paul

Hi Lady, what an amazing video and very well fitting song!
About 40 years ago I was standing not far from the Old man of storr and unfortunately there were no drones yet and I had to be content with the tripod camera to film the storr! Then I was at Kilt Rock and marveled at the fantastic waterfall!
I really enjoyed your video and it brought back some great memories 😉👍
cheers Paul
Hi Paul,

Thanks for watching and commenting, glad it brought back memories... I still have to edit the footage from Kilt rock and Mealt Falls - and a few others too - hope the rest of the footage from the trip is also enjoyed and brings back more memories :)

Reactions: R.Cowan
Thanks for watching and commenting, glad it brought back memories... I still have to edit the footage from Kilt rock and Mealt Falls - and a few others too - hope the rest of the footage from the trip is also enjoyed and brings back more memories
You're welcome lady (what's your name)I'm looking forward to the video of Mealt Falls/Kilt Rocks and the others...I was standing very close to the precipice to film the fall and the nearby Kilt Rock My wife -who has sadly passed away in the meantime- had scolded me for standing so close to the precipice 🙄😉
Cheers Paul

You're welcome lady (what's your name)I'm looking forward to the video of Mealt Falls/Kilt Rocks and the others...I was standing very close to the precipice to film the fall and the nearby Kilt Rock My wife -who has sadly passed away in the meantime- had scolded me for standing so close to the precipice 🙄😉
Cheers Paul
Hi Paul, I am Suzanne :)

There are railings and a big car park at Mealt Falls now, so a little safer than it used to be, but yeah, that drop is something of a wow...

I already have video's posted on Callanaish Standing Stones sunrise (Lewis), Quirang, Lealt Falls, Lewis and Harris Views from near Uig, Fairy Pools and Portree - plus this one... I still have Elgol views, Lower Quirang and Luskentyre / Seilebost beaches form Harris to release over the next 2 weeks, and then the Skye Island Life Museum, Kilt Rock and Mealt Falls, Dun Carloway Broch (Lewis), Callanish 2+3, Callanish afternoon recordings, plus the Old Church on the way to Elgol and a few from the drive up to process and schedule, so think it will see me through to just before Xmas...

Reactions: R.Cowan

Another area of inspiration for JRR Tolkien when writing the Hobbit and the LOTR, reflected with in the choice of music...

Very fine video Suzanne. It's AlbionDrones quality as with all your other video's. 🤩

Hi Paul, I am Suzanne :)

There are railings and a big car park at Mealt Falls now, so a little safer than it used to be, but yeah, that drop is something of a wow...
Hi Suzanne, I just subscribed to your channel! I'm looking forward to your other videos, which I will now watch bit by bit!!! When I was at the Mealt Falls, there was only a fence where you could easily climb over it 😉
cheers and have a nice Sunday, Paul

• Love
Reactions: AlbionDrones
Another fine day that suited your style of filming that I have been accustomed to.

Keep them coming please.
Thank you... Yeah, perhaps I need to mix up my style a bit, there are things I would try in diferent conditions, but they are dictated by the weather... Perhaps I do play it safe with what I know works ofr me, what do you think, should I experiment more?

Hi Suzanne, I just subscribed to your channel! I'm looking forward to your other videos, which I will now watch bit by bit!!! When I was at the Mealt Falls, there was only a fence where you could easily climb over it 😉
cheers and have a nice Sunday, Paul
Thanks for the sub Paul, I hope you enjoy the video's, there are about 170 on the channel so far, not bad for 16 months of drone flying - but then again 3 or 4 trips to Scotland a year does afford some great opportunities :)

Have a nice Sunday yourself, its not flying weather here, so its a crafting day, some Yule presents to make for friends - a bit of woodturning and woodworking, possibly some pyrography are on the cards for today...

Thanks for the sub Paul, I hope you enjoy the video's, there are about 170 on the channel so far, not bad for 16 months of drone flying - but then again 3 or 4 trips to Scotland a year does afford some great opportunitie
You're welcome Suzanne! 170 videos? Wow, holy smoke thats insane!😉👍 You are a marathon flyer.😂 That's 10 videos a month. Not bad to say the least! I've "only" been to Scotland and Skye about five times, the area up there is simply magnificent. Do you have any photos of your woodwork? It's certainly a very nice and creative hobby! I just googled pyrography; wow these are real works of art!!
cheers Paul
BTW, I am not bored, because I am editing a video about autumn since a couple of days!

Raven Bag.jpgYou're welcome Suzanne! 170 videos? Wow, holy smoke thats insane!😉👍 You are a marathon flyer.😂 That's 10 videos a month. Not bad to say the least! I've "only" been to Scotland and Skye about five times, the area up there is simply magnificent. Do you have any photos of your woodwork? It's certainly a very nice and creative hobby! I just googled pyrography; wow these are real works of art!!
cheers Paul
BTW, I am not bored, because I am editing a video about autumn since a couple of days!
Yeah, we tend to try and get out flying once a week, and I try and make a video from each day out - plus multiple locations a day when in Scotland - soon adds up...

Pictures of our crafting... be careful what you wish for... Hobbies include leatherworking... Blacksmithing and Woodturning / Woodworking - wood is mainly hubby's workshop though.. The onl limitation is the courage to try and the inspiration to see what you wish to make...

244591172_365730778498398_7059325931556251956_n.jpg135268662_10221836785740439_443415488433987913_o (2).jpg
31117770_10214255736218939_7942197768330750824_n.jpg48989563_10216032205669565_2667108685758595072_n.jpg20230601_194956.jpg375026692_1017476709453434_4151697749690613814_n.jpg20230319_150039.jpg

Being a fan of treeless landscapes, I loved this video. Well done!

• Love
Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne