DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Amazon batteries

Are you referring to OEM DJI batteries or something else?

Yes, I know. I have also purchased OEM DJI batteries as well. Interestingly enough, the only bad battery that I ever got was a DJI OEM battery. Fortunately, I was able to return it without incident because it was purchased on Amazon.

It sounds like you have alot of flight time and are able to discern whether or not a battery is "bad" and what to do if you get a battery error. For newbies, I recommend OEM just so they dont freak out when/if they get a bad generic and get a warning message.

It sounds like you have alot of flight time and are able to discern whether or not a battery is "bad" and what to do if you get a battery error. For newbies, I recommend OEM just so they dont freak out when/if they get a bad generic and get a warning message.

Agreed. Newbies should always purchase OEM parts until they feel comfortable with determining operational functionality.

Reactions: Former Member
Yeah, Im just not sure if the OP wants an OEM or would be happy with a generic one. He hasnt shown a link yet.
Correct he has not shown a link. But it really comes down to just two products from Amazon:
Genuine OEM or Power Extra. I have purchased both and both performed as expected. I researched the Power Extra and was satisfied after watching the Drone Valley review. That said it is the battery I will use first for ground configuring, firmware updates, etc. But I do fly with it, and after a dozen or so flights it has performed admirably. I should note I paid just $45 for it. At $59, its current price, it would have been a more difficult decision, and I would have likely just spent another $20 for OEM.

Mike

The only issue I’ve heard of was an inproper fit with the Mavic pro. Again, Amazon makes this no problem for an easy return.

Just curious, do you mean that what you heard about improper fit was the battery didnt fit in well, as in too big or too small, or didnt latch in well?

The report that I read was that the battery did not securely fit into the Mavic resulting in a loose fit risking popping out during flight. Obviously a very serious issue.

Just curious, do you mean that what you heard about improper fit was the battery didnt fit in well, as in too big or too small, or didnt latch in well?
I was kind of wondering the same thing...returning the battery after it falls out of your MPP in mid flight might be a little problematic! :)

I also wonder about insurance and warranty...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daly_mail