DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

An amazing use of real drones - Mark Rober highlights

Yes but this is far from new. In Africa, Northern Canada many other places have been using drones delivery in remote areas for more than a decade. This is why Amazon has been investing lots of money for years, although they substantially cut back funding last year which is telling maybe realizing that someone may not want their life saving drugs dumped on a garden picnic table. The last mile remains a substantial challenge with trees and wires.

Just seen this too. The setup of the drone planes is amazing. I have charger envy now! Innovations with the rotor shape (looks like a wishbone) is amazing with the impact on noise level

Reactions: ericole
Yes but this is far from new. In Africa, Northern Canada many other places have been using drones delivery in remote areas for more than a decade. This is why Amazon has been investing lots of money for years, although they substantially cut back funding last year which is telling maybe realizing that someone may not want their life saving drugs dumped on a garden picnic table. The last mile remains a substantial challenge with trees and wires.
Doesn't seem to be much of a challenge for them - more than half a million flights with no issues yet. Seems they've hit on something others haven't, but if you have some videos or other info on those other things I'd love to see them.

Just watched this tonight. The Zipline company, with what they are already doing, is really incredible. And I bet most people have never heard of them. They will after this exposure. The prop design, for quietness, is really amazing.
Just reading through the comments about how everyone can look forward to this bright new drone delivery future.... But I haven't read one that asks what happens to all of us users of free-flight drones when the sub-400' airspace is sold off to the big commercial carriers.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J