DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

An odd but interesting? post on the DJI forum. It caught my attention and leads to a question.

Yorkshire_Pud

Premium Pilot
Reactions

To repeat the question asked in the opening post of that thread "From where is the App gathering this data?"

I have checked my second hand Mini 2 and the "Flight Distance" shown in "device management" exceeds the distance recorded in my flight logs.
It leaves me wondering if it is a means of checking the distance and hours flown by the previous owner/s?

It also prompts a question, in the Mavic Mini txt flight log from early versions of the App the total distance flown in a flight is available in the csv of the flight log in the column lablelled "DETAILS.totalDistance [m]". In the csv of Mini 2 flight logs processed by DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help I think the equivalent column is labelled "DETAILS.totalDistance [ft]" but the values are screwy.

The question. Sensible values for the total distance flown in a flight can be seen in the fly app profile etc. and in AirData, so I am wondering what has happened to the Phantomhelp csv and can it be fixed?

Reactions: andyj
"DETAILS.totalDistance [m]" and "DETAILS.totalDistance [ft]" is that meters and feet?

To repeat the question asked in the opening post of that thread "From where is the App gathering this data?"

I have checked my second hand Mini 2 and the "Flight Distance" shown in "device management" exceeds the distance recorded in my flight logs.
It leaves me wondering if it is a means of checking the distance and hours flown by the previous owner/s?

It also prompts a question, in the Mavic Mini txt flight log from early versions of the App the total distance flown in a flight is available in the csv of the flight log in the column lablelled "DETAILS.totalDistance [m]". In the csv of Mini 2 flight logs processed by DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help I think the equivalent column is labelled "DETAILS.totalDistance [ft]" but the values are screwy.

The question. Sensible values for the total distance flown in a flight can be seen in the fly app profile etc. and in AirData, so I am wondering what has happened to the Phantomhelp csv and can it be fixed?
I recently got a used Mini-1, and I just went through the process of getting it transferred to my DJO account.

I was poking around in the logs and "Device Management" for this process, and the time and distance shown for the Mini-1 is time and distance since it was activated. It also provides the original activation date.

This was a bit surprising when I first saw it, but it makes perfect sense. The data in "Device Management" is the data about each aircraft. The data in the flight logs is the data about your flights.

MM-FPV!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu