DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

And Here I thought Only My Karma Could Do This...

Lon Denard

Reactions
So I looked on here and I'm not totally sure no one has mentioned this but in fixed wing mode, even if you are hovering you can do this...

What's Karma? ...because I agree with JK....as long as you turn on the option, we've always been able to look up 30 degrees.

...ok...I think I get it. You were comparing to the GoPro Karma. I stand by the above. We can look up 30 degrees already. You just need to enable it in whatever app you are using (DJI Go 4, Litchi, etc)

LP

Reactions: NestleQuik
What's Karma? ...because I agree with JK....as long as you turn on the option, we've always been able to look up 30 degrees.

...ok...I think I get it. You were comparing to the GoPro Karma. I stand by the above. We can look up 30 degrees already. You just need to enable it in whatever app you are using (DJI Go 4, Litchi, etc)

LP

Geez... really,I fully admit that I've never seen that until the fixed wing mode. I'll look at that right now.

When I updated my Karma they made a big deal about being able to look up like they were the only ones capable of doing it! Sigh...

Thanks for info and the correction.

Slight note. I may be even stupider than I thought but you're right, it does look up 30 degrees but I didn't have to enable anything. It might be hard to believe but I have about 50 flights on this thing and I don't think that I was able to look up this far before. I wonder if it has something to do with the update? Like I said Go Pro has been crowing about looking up 15 degrees... It's kind of funny now.

Last edited:
I was shocked when I enabled head tracking with the goggles to find out mavic camera can turn right/left.

I wonder why the do not allow this feature to wirk without goggles.

If you've never seen the side to side motion before, here is a short YouTube video.its not mine.

Reactions: NestleQuik
I was shocked when I enabled head tracking with the goggles to find out mavic camera can turn right/left.

I wonder why the do not allow this feature to wirk without goggles.

If you've never seen the side to side motion before, here is a short YouTube video.its not mine.

It's easy to just rotate the Mavic, it does the exact same thing.

it's only there to smooth the yaw motion - very limited in degrees left/right.

Reactions: NinjaNut
Geez... really,I fully admit that I've never seen that until the fixed wing mode. I'll look at that right now.

When I updated my Karma they made a big deal about being able to look up like they were the only ones capable of doing it! Sigh...

Thanks for info and the correction.

Slight note. I may be even stupider than I thought but you're right, it does look up 30 degrees but I didn't have to enable anything. It might be hard to believe but I have about 50 flights on this thing and I don't think that I was able to look up this far before. I wonder if it has something to do with the update? Like I said Go Pro has been crowing about looking up 15 degrees... It's kind of funny now.

Do you use any other apps besides DJI Go 4? I've found that Litchi automatically enables the look up function if I do a pano.

LP

One of my favorite ways to "explore" with the Mavic is syncing the camera with the goggles. I first I was hesitant with dropping 400 bucks for them, but it was definitely worth it.

Wait... So do you have to enable the look up function on the Mavic or is it always like that?? I've never noticed and now I'm curious! Not by my Mavic at the moment to test this

Reactions: newguy
Wait... So do you have to enable the look up function on the Mavic or is it always like that?? I've never noticed and now I'm curious! Not by my Mavic at the moment to test this

They got me too! Mine just suddenly started doing it. I never enabled anything but I noticed it looking up after I configured fixed wing mode so I thought that had something to do with it. Hahaha! I have literally flown it over 50 times and I never knew it could look up that far! Yeesh.

The setting is under gimbal settings (advanced)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan