DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another ATTI Mode ? for a new user

robinsondd

Reactions
Hi all,

Bought my Mavic Pro about two months ago after flying an inexpensive non gps drone until it broke. I just learned today (on this forum) that I cannot select ATTI mode manually if I want to fly it indoors or outdoors. I live in a NFZ for a military airport that usually closes on the weekend. I have talked to their "Drone" guy and they usually allow a drone Pilot to fly on the weekend if you call them first. However, when I try to fly this drone indoors it might go to the ATTI mode but usually goes to GPS even indoors. I really would like to get great outdoor videos of my house so I'm very disappointed that I cannot disable the ATTI. I have a Private Pilots License so I do understand the safety of flying near airports. Oh well, maybe get a better cheaper non-GPS drone that has good video capabilities to fly around the house... Any suggestions? Thanks...

Why, there's no problem with flying indoor and outdoor with gps and in fact it's more stable that way as compared to atti mode.

Tape an aluminum foil sheet to the top of the Mavic Pro. Dont cover any of the forward or rear vents. Boom! Your in permanent ATTI Mode.

There are ways around this. Do so searching on NLD

Why, there's no problem with flying indoor and outdoor with gps and in fact it's more stable that way as compared to atti mode.
Because I live within a No Fly Zone, it will not activate it's propeller blades to take off even inside my house.

Place a couple of layers of foil over the top of the rear of the AC. This will block the GPS, and you will be in ATTI mode.
Be careful for your AC...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998