DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another newbie from Scotland

You’re more than welcome.

You’re in for a surprise then. Unlike toy drones that you have to constantly control just to keep in the air, you’ll find your new aircraft unbelievably stable all by itself. Hit the take-off button and it will climb to around shoulder height waiting for you to tell it what to do. Just take it slow and steady at first.

First flights will be in ‘Beginner’ mode to restrict speed and distance so you won’t lose it on your first flights.

Enjoy!
Now I'm really looking forward to getting going, thanks for your encouraging words.

Hi everyone. Treated myself to a little used Mavic Pro Platinum machine and have spent last 4 weeks reading and watching videos on usage of same. Just waiting for better weather conditions before venturing out. Have taken necessary exam on line and registered with CAA so just got to start practice sessions. Have flown RC fixed wing models over many years but this is new territory for me.
Welcome to the Air

Welcome from Chicago the Windy City.
Great that your checking out videos, please check out Mavic Help and Mavic tips. Lots of info at your finger tips, preflight check list, safety tips,
mid flight tips. Also 75 tips on how to prevent a flyaway. which is caused by the pilot. Just want to save you some grief.

Welcome from Chicago the Windy City.
Great that your checking out videos, please check out Mavic Help and Mavic tips. Lots of info at your finger tips, preflight check list, safety tips,
mid flight tips. Also 75 tips on how to prevent a flyaway. which is caused by the pilot. Just want to save you some grief.
Thanks for the heads up SpitFire, I will check out all the info you suggest.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Great choice for first drone. I also have an MPP and it is a really solid and reliable machine. Had it a year now, and still discovering all of the many features it has.

As others have said, it is very stable. Give yourself plenty of space to learn how it behaves, and more importantly the functions of the remote control. Enjoy!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada