DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another newbie from Scotland

Reactions
Hi everyone. Treated myself to a little used Mavic Pro Platinum machine and have spent last 4 weeks reading and watching videos on usage of same. Just waiting for better weather conditions before venturing out. Have taken necessary exam on line and registered with CAA so just got to start practice sessions. Have flown RC fixed wing models over many years but this is new territory for me.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome from Down Under!

You’ll find your Mavic easier to fly than your existing RC aircraft. It’s way more manoeuvrable, in every direction and letting go of the controls will have it stopping in its tracks while you gather your thoughts on where to go and explore next.

Enjoy!

Welcome from Down Under!

You’ll find your Mavic easier to fly than your existing RC aircraft. It’s way more manoeuvrable, in every direction and letting go of the controls will have it stopping in its tracks while you gather your thoughts on where to go and explore next.

Enjoy!
Hi SkyHigh and thanks for the welcome along with everybody else. Just wanted to say that whilst I have flown fixed wing over many years off and on, I currently am not active and haven't been for around 7 years, but hey, some say it's like riding a bike so I'm hoping you're right with it being easier as I'm not getting any younger and maybe reflex's are not as quick as they used to be. Just waiting for the weather and lockdown to give me a chance to try it.

You’re more than welcome.

You’re in for a surprise then. Unlike toy drones that you have to constantly control just to keep in the air, you’ll find your new aircraft unbelievably stable all by itself. Hit the take-off button and it will climb to around shoulder height waiting for you to tell it what to do. Just take it slow and steady at first.

First flights will be in ‘Beginner’ mode to restrict speed and distance so you won’t lose it on your first flights.

Enjoy!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929