DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anti-Collision Strobe & Photography

Hi people. Please advise, where did you source the mounts for the ARC XLs?
ARC XL mounts can be found for the Mavic 2 here:
Mavic 2 ARC XL Arm and Foot Mounts

Our Mavic Mini Mounts can be found Here:
Mavic Mini ARC Rear Arm and Front Foot Mounts
Mavic Mini ARC XL and ARC Top Mount
Mavic Mini Bottom Mount + Foot Extensions

Our Mavic 2 Mounts can be found here:
Mavic 2 FH ARC Rear Arm, Front Arm and Front Foot Mounts

Our Mavic Air Mounts can be found here:
Mavic Air FH ARC Mounts

Our Mavic Pro Mounts can be found here:
Mavic Pro FH ARC Mounts

Last edited:
Reactions: wendyc and Tombie
From posts here . . . particularly from @Thomas B . . . he uses ARCII and ARC XL, both about brightest there is in strobes.
Reports no problems.

I'd suggest if foggy, thin cloud, light misty rain, dust in the air, yes you'd probably get some strobe 'feedback'.
Edit - insects too might be an issue ?
Also obviously if close to something it'd be very noticeable.
I'd say street signs, reflective, would show up light flashes at a fair distance too.

I use FHT Duals and ARCII in white (brightest) and various colours with no issues.

Decided to mount mine with dual lock velcro, on the outer legs up front and angled out a bit . . .

Here are FHT Duals on front arms . . .

View attachment 98487
View attachment 98488

And a public series ARCII red / white on the back . . .

View attachment 98489

View attachment 98491
View attachment 98490
This! I think this would work for me Les, one behind on top as you suggested and on legs? Havent head of dual lock velcro, guessing its super secure? Otherwise can source some brackets?

Reactions: Tombie
This! I think this would work for me Les, one behind on top as you suggested and on legs? Havent head of dual lock velcro, guessing its super secure? Otherwise can source some brackets?

I'd say if you can't velcro to the back of the M2P (due to space with status light, sensors etc), then an arm mount would be best.
@Aerial-Pixel has them on his page (check his sig line in his post above), but not sure how practical sending US to NZ, if they can be found locally.
I'm sure he wouldn't mind sending just one, or get 2 sent if you wanted red or green on a front arm, maybe get an ARCII in one of those for the front arm ?
I have a white ARCII put aside for you, and have a spare red or green ARCII if you wanted one of those too.

Or, if you have room for the Spark strobe on the back or underneath, and you wanted to use velcro, one of those will do the job too.

Reactions: Tombie
got a strobe on top front in front of the battery and another on the bottom directly below the top one, no interference with my photos in twilight or night

Would like to buy Arc II or XL led's for my M1P, but find they're not available in the UK. Anyone able to help?

Would like to buy Arc II or XL led's for my M1P, but find they're not available in the UK. Anyone able to help?

The MIGHT ship from their Amazon or more likely their ebay store.
I've had Aussie pilots say they have had them shipped through ebay purchase.
FHT (as you have probably discovered) won't ship overseas from the US, not even to Canada !

I have a niece in NJ, had 2 orders shipped there, first small order she onforwarded to me by post no problems.
Second larger order my brother visiting her brought them back in his cabin bag.

So try FHT ebay store, if that doesn't work out, you know anyone there that can take delivery and ship on to you ?

The MIGHT ship from their Amazon or more likely their ebay store.
I've had Aussie pilots say they have had them shipped through ebay purchase.
FHT (as you have probably discovered) won't ship overseas from the US, not even to Canada !

I have a niece in NJ, had 2 orders shipped there, first small order she onforwarded to me by post no problems.
Second larger order my brother visiting her brought them back in his cabin bag.

So try FHT ebay store, if that doesn't work out, you know anyone there that can take delivery and ship on to you ?
Thanks for info my friend. I managed to get an XL strobe off ebay.com direct from FHT. Had to pay postage and import taxes, but should have it within 2wks. Crazy that they ship from ebay, but not their main storefront.
Thanks again, regards from UK.
Ron

I just re-read your message and realized you were looking for ARC XL strobe mounts. Our ARC XL mounts can be found for the Mavic 2 here:
Mavic 2 ARC XL Arm and Foot Mounts

Our Arc XL top strobe mount for the Mavic Mini can be found here:
Mavic Mini ARC XL Top Mount
Thanks AP, I am hoping to place mine behind the gimble under my Mavic 2 Pro, there is a little space which would be perfect. Thanks for all amazing help to MAvic_South_Oz who has been incredibly kind and helpful by letting me buy one of his FHT Arc II strobes, cant wait to be able to SEE my drone again

Had to pay postage and import taxes

On one strobe !?
Gee, UK Customs are going to miss out, are they ??
Trust all will go well, the strobe will really open up VLOS for you a lot.

Looking at your past pots, you have an MP2 ?
Are you going to source an arm mount, or use velcro ?

I've looked at the M2 design (regarding wendyc, above post), and think the little plate just back from the gimbal (in front of the sensors) would be a good spot for a single strobe, mounted with velcro.
Since I've had mine, I have noticed the ARCII are bright enough even from almost 90 degrees to be seen easily.
Should give pretty decent all round visibility while up in the sky.

I have 2 duals red / green on the left / right sides of my Spark with velcro, just behind / under the front arms and even those are great.

If getting 2 ARCIIs I'd put them on arm mounts, one front and one back, diagonal.

Reactions: wendyc
On one strobe !?
Gee, UK Customs are going to miss out, are they ??
Trust all will go well, the strobe will really open up VLOS for you a lot.

Looking at your past pots, you have an MP2 ?
Are you going to source an arm mount, or use velcro ?

I've looked at the M2 design (regarding wendyc, above post), and think the little plate just back from the gimbal (in front of the sensors) would be a good spot for a single strobe, mounted with velcro.
Since I've had mine, I have noticed the ARCII are bright enough even from almost 90 degrees to be seen easily.
Should give pretty decent all round visibility while up in the sky.

I have 2 duals red / green on the left / right sides of my Spark with velcro, just behind / under the front arms and even those are great.

If getting 2 ARCIIs I'd put them on arm mounts, one front and one back, diagonal.
Hi friend, I have the M1P, 2.5yrs old now and working like a dream. Looking to fit ARC XL on bottom of drone towards rear. May have to fashion bracket of some sort, but will see when it arrives.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Hi friend, I have the M1P, 2.5yrs old now and working like a dream. Looking to fit ARC XL on bottom of drone towards rear. May have to fashion bracket of some sort, but will see when it arrives.

Rear of M1P is easy :)
Post #3 in this thread, this pic . . . but this is an ARCII, I think the ARC XL will be maybe double this size ?

img_4649-jpg.98489

Good strobe though and a nice spot if you can get underneath, bonus with the alarm, will be very handy if even you need to find it.

That little plate up in front of the heat sink (behind gimbal) might be ok, just need to make a plate to angle it downward, not forward.
I think anywhere towards the rear will interfere with landing, maybe even the front will, not sure about the height of the ARC XL.

Another idea, the arm mounts people make, you MIGHT be able to mount it on an arm facing downwards ?
I think I have seen pics of the arm mounts with strobe down, or maybe it was forward, not sure now.
Might be worth asking msinger or Aerial-Pixel if their mounts can do that.

Cheers.

Hi! I just want to ask if you already tried to place the ARC XL behind the gimbal on your Mavic? Do you have any issues? How was the sensor and the video/image quality? I’m planning to do it as well but I have the MP1. Thank you in advance.

Hi! I just want to ask if you already tried to place the ARC XL behind the gimbal on your Mavic? Do you have any issues? How was the sensor and the video/image quality? I’m planning to do it as well but I have the MP1. Thank you in advance.
Defeats the purpose of a strobe even if there is room for it there.

Defeats the purpose of a strobe even if there is room for it there.
Thank you. But which is better? Should I put it above or at the bottom? I just thought that it would be more visible if it will be placed at the bottom since it is flying. Sorry I’m just a newbie. Thank you for your response.

Thank you. But which is better? Should I put it above or at the bottom? I just thought that it would be more visible if it will be placed at the bottom since it is flying. Sorry I’m just a newbie. Thank you for your response.
If those are your options go with the bottom so you can use it for better VLOS.
I have 2 whites rear arms and a red and a green on the front arms in aircraft fashion. I use mounts from @Aerial-Pixel . Worked well with ARC2s and now with ARC XLs.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus