DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anti UAV Technology to Take Inflight control of your Drone.

I have seen video of Police taking control of numerous Phantoms when the pilots were flying over very large crowds.
Thank you.
Confirms what I was saying what happened to me and also my associate two years ago in the same location.
In the attached clip they refer to "remote control signal" and "GPS Disruption"

This says it all -

Last edited:
Thank you.
Confirms what I was saying what happened to me and also my associate two years ago in the same location.
You have a very low standard of proof.
He said he's seen a video with no link and no details of what exactly might have been shown in the video.
And that somehow confirms something you think happened to you?

If you want to be taken seriously, you know what you have to do.
Until you back up your claim, it's in the same category as accounts of alien abductions.

Reactions: Simmo and Kilrah
Obviously Seair Pierre feels the need for a bit of attention. I think we all know when we are going to see his “comprehensive evidence”

I’ve seen some fellas here delving into the flight data of many flights and incidents, and I doubt there is anything more comprehensive than the abilities of Sar104 and his cohorts

That is not the video I have seen before. The MANY videos I have seen have been taken by the public using normal camera phones of officials using a device pointed at the drone. The result is the drone simply drops slowly to the ground.

Something sounds like bovine excrement to me... IMHO...

That is not the video I have seen before. The MANY videos I have seen have been taken by the public using normal camera phones of officials using a device pointed at the drone. The result is the drone simply drops slowly to the ground.
I’d like to see some of these many videos you have seen.
Post one.. so we can see what you are talking about. Not a promo or marketing vid, but one of the many you have seen in the wild
Cheers

My flight logs show MISSING TIME BLOCKS when 3rd parties took control.
Also Controller disconnect, immediate and total GPS satellite loss (when 17 were shown) RTH failure, no screen visuals (Blank), and no aircraft data at all on controller or android device.

One of my flights in question was when I was returning to homepoint. When within 30 metres Horizontally away and 25 metres high, the screen froze and I lost complete control for 1 minute 25 seconds.
In this time it just hovered. Nothing I could do.
After the elapsed 1 minute 25 seconds, full control returned and data and visuals on Controller and Android returned.

I have recorded and saved separately, all screen shots and flight logs pertaining to all flights where this has manifested.

Full report will confirm 3rd party access to Civilian UAVs now exists.
How’s that report going, still waiting to have my mind blown

We all know this tech exists to control / bring down drones in unauthorised areas.
The Gold Coast (Australia) Commonwealth Games saw special Police members carry the GCB Couple DroneGun MKII I think Droneshield is the manufacturer.

Commonwealth Games Drone control

At the Commonwealth Games they did use the DroneGun apparently . . .

Police 'shoot down' drone

There is not much other info about this in media, the above is the most detailed report I found online . . . I also haven't heard any follow up in the past 10 months or so since.
Maybe CASA website has something buried in there about it, maybe it was actually flying legally and the whole thing was kept quiet afterwards.

What bothers me is while it's ok for Police and anti terror type people having this tech (why the heck haven't airports got it though, Gatwick anyone ?) . . . but what happens when corporations can afford this and their security are a little overzealous of people near their land, or legally overflying it ?

Yes i agree that the radio link blocking is available. I have seen this demoed with a deparrment in Canbera. But as for hijacking and taking control, this im not convinced is readily available and certainly not as maun stream as is being suggested here. But im happy to be proven wrong in this case and see one of these many videos, or the credible evidence that has been gathered

On old unsecured RC systems both jamming and taking over control is possible. On DJI that would be up to Phantom 3 standard or thereabouts. On newer equipment all the currently publicised systems can do is jam the communication and thus cause the user-set failsafe action to happen. From a user point of view it's indistinguishable from a simple RC loss, and since the latter is much more common and likely any "report" will be worthless unless you had actual evidence aka a device scanning and logging all the activity in the relevant RF spectrum bands showing targeted external interference during the event.

Aka remove your tinfoil hats... There are people working on fully reversing and breaking the newer protocols which could at some point allow for control but the likeliness of such systems being in use already and you being targeted by one is extremely low.

Reactions: Meta4 and BudWalker
AFAIK, all they seem to be able to do is stop comms from drone operator to the drone, and somehow bring the drone down to ground, possibly shutting down motors ??
This is one of the dramatic Droneshield promotional vids, shows a mavic pro being the target . . .

They have other videos online all over the internet, youtube and news sites, seem to have the best longer range product.

This 2016 video shows similar Batelle and Skywall drone guns, and then the ground to air net, and air to air net, which could be the next big drone comp thing !!

Hey, at least the Netherlands stopped using trained Eagles to take down drones.

Not really an option for over crowds, but I like it.

What's different in the data from simple loss of signal?
How can you be sure that a hijacking actually happened?
Can you share the recorded flight data?
I'd be very interested to study it.
Happy to send it to you. How can I send you the complete flight log?

Wow. That didn't take long. Looking forward to seeing this

Reactions: Simmo
If your computer can be hijacked by a website, installing crapware without you knowing it, then surely RC communications with drones can be hijacked at well. Probably not easy because the protocols will be proprietary, but look at what happened to the iPhone with jailbreaking.
There are plenty of vectors of attack for a drone, but I don't think that people bother trying to exploit them, except perhaps national agencies.

Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.
Thanks for that. I recorded the screen view of the entire flight log.
Google Drive link below.
This is the first of two flights I did.
Of Note -
All went well till 09 49 thru 09 56 when GPS dropped from 18 Sats to 0. Message says "Atti Mode and Hovering Maybe unstable."
There is NO FLIGHT log from 09 56 thru 11 48
Then at 12.27 another GPS Sat issue and A/C goes to ATTI Mode again.
Each time there was an issue, the flight log on the screen fades.
Soon after, I regained control and immediately brought it home.

Thanks for that. I recorded the screen view of the entire flight log.
That shows that you have recorded flight data for that flight.
Now can you post the actual data as described in post #36 .. or post the .txt file?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jimmy poole