DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any body received?

The original shipping date to leave DJI China is the 15th, so no one has them available for resale yet.
It should be anywheres from 2 - 7 days to get it to consumers. That is if there is no delays.

Most sellers are backordered so the dates will be further out until they catch up with demand.

Right, but that's not what I'm talking about. Amazon (sold and shipped by Amazon, not a reseller) changed their release date from 10/31 to 11/15. They don't change the release date of preorders as they sell more of their allocation. They may update the expected delivery date, but not the release date.

Have any of the dealers said anything about a delay? Earlier this week Drone Nerds were saying third week of October.... Has anyone heard if that has changed?

Why are DJI launches always like this?

It is all supposition and guesswork at this point. I would not even bother trying to see if anyone has "received" their drone until next Monday or Tuesday at the earliest - unless someone is at one of the flagship DJI stores on Saturday.

Let's just hope the delays don't mirror what occurred with the Yuneecs Typhoon H. That crew waited months and months past the original launch date.

Reactions: Nikos
I'm in no hurry. I'll probably buy through MassDrop for the discounted price and no tax. As long as it comes by Dec25, I'm going to put it under the X-mas tree for myself. But I have a feeling it will come mid-end November and staring at the sealed box for a month will be very difficult. First-World Problems....

I'm in no hurry. I'll probably buy through MassDrop for the discounted price and no tax. As long as it comes by Dec25, I'm going to put it under the X-mas tree for myself. But I have a feeling it will come mid-end November and staring at the sealed box for a month will be very difficult. First-World Problems....
I just read somewhere recently that MassDrop
Right, but that's not what I'm talking about. Amazon (sold and shipped by Amazon, not a reseller) changed their release date from 10/31 to 11/15. They don't change the release date of preorders as they sell more of their allocation. They may update the expected delivery date, but not the release date.
Yeah I notice that the date has changed to 11/15 too. Strange thing is that my Arriving Date is still 11/2

I was asking about the 11/2 delivery date that Anthony mentioned. As far as I can tell, Amazon orders just say "need more time for an estimated delivery date" or something to that effect.

sold/shipped by amazon shows 11/15 instock date.

Similar discussion going on in another thread but hopefully the below information can help clear up some confusion in changing shipping dates on Amazon as well as a little insight on the way that pre-orders have always worked at DJI over the years.

We can't speak for "sold and shipped" by Amazon pre-orders but at least for us the estimates are being pushed pretty far back for new pre-orders. The estimates that we provide are constantly changing in relation to how many pre-orders are coming in each day and what the latest news from DJI HQ on allocation numbers for each batch that we will be receiving in. For Advexure, we've got way more than plenty of Mavic units on order to satisfy current pre-orders but the limitation is DJI can only allocate a certain number of units to try and provide everyone with some sort of allocation based on what they are able to produce. If a dealer orders a small quantity, you get a small allocation. If you order a large quantity, you obviously get a large allocation. There is also priority given to some of the larger, established tier one dealers. The estimates they are provide are called estimates for a reason. Based on how their production processing is progressing they may not be able to meet these estimates that they have provided to you the end consumer or even the estimates they provide to us as an established tier one dealer. Over the years we've seen how things typically play out sometimes DJI's estimates can be a bit too aggressive but they are never too far off.

The estimates we provide to Amazon are especially inflated due to the fact that Amazon holds sellers to such high standards with meeting shipping dates. For us the estimate we provide Amazon on pre-orders is at least 1 week later than what we actually are trying to meet. If we can under promise and over perform, AWESOME, but if on Amazon you over promise and can't meet a shipping deadline you won't be a seller on Amazon for very long.

Nothing too complicated so hopefully that made send and I didn't over complicate it. :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000